DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC MIDGETT FY 18
|Agency:||Department of Homeland Security|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 1, 2017|
|Due Date:||Sep 29, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Aug 30, 2017 2:08 pmThis is a combined synopsis/solicitation HSCG85-18-R-P45G41 for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, Part 13.5, Simplified Procedures for Commercial Items, with the elements of Part 15 as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a separate written solicitation will not be issued. Solicitation number HSCG85-18-R-P45G41 is issued as a Request for Proposals. This Request for Proposal incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-95. This is a total HubZone small business set-aside. The NAICS Code applicable to this procurement is 336611 with a size standard of 1250 employees for the requirement. The contract will be awarded on a firm-fixed-price basis. To receive an award, the Contractor must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE UNITED STATES COAST GUARD (USCG) TO ISSUE SOLICITATIONS AND MAKE CONTRACT AWARDS IN A FAIR AND TIMELY MANNER. THE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM FOR AGENCY PROTESTS (OPAP) WAS ESTABLISHED TO INVESTIGATE AGENCY PROTEST ISSUES AND RESOLVE THEM WITHOUT EXPENSIVE AND TIME- CONSUMING LITIGATION. OPAP IS AN INDEPENDENT REVIEWING AUTHORITY THAT IS EMPOWERED TO GRANT A PREVAILING PROTESTER ESSENTIALLY THE SAME RELIEF AS THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE (GAO).
INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SEEK RESOLUTION OF THEIR CONCERNS WITHIN THE USCG AS AN ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) FORUM RATHER THAN FILING A PROTEST WITH THE GAO OR SOME EXTERNAL FORUM. INTERESTED PARTIES MAY SEEK RESOLUTION OF THEIR CONCERNS INFORMALLY OR OPT TO FILE A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST WITH THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR OMBUDSMAN.
INFORMAL FORUM WITH THE OMBUDSMAN. INTERESTED PARTIES WHO BELIEVE A SPECIFIC USCG PROCUREMENT IS UNFAIR OR OTHERWISE DEFECTIVE SHOULD FIRST DIRECT THEIR CONCERNS TO THE APPLICABLE CONTRACTING OFFICER. IF THE CONTRACTING OFFICER IS UNABLE TO SATISFY THEIR CONCERNS, INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THE U.S. COAST GUARD OMBUDSMAN FOR AGENCY PROTESTS. UNDER THIS INFORMAL PROCESS THE AGENCY IS NOT REQUIRED TO SUSPEND CONTRACT AWARD PERFORMANCE. USE OF AN INFORMAL FORUM DOES NOT SUSPEND ANY TIME REQUIREMENT FOR FILING A PROTEST WITH THE AGENCY OR OTHER FORUM. IN ORDER TO ENSURE A TIMELY RESPONSE, INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO THE OMBUDSMAN: SOLICITATION/CONTRACT NUMBER, CONTRACTING OFFICE, CONTRACTING OFFICER, AND SOLICITATION CLOSING DATE (IF APPLICABLE).
FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST WITH THE OMBUDSMAN. PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST, PROTESTERS MUST FIRST USE THEIR BEST EFFORTS TO RESOLVE THEIR CONCERNS WITH THE CONTRACTING OFFICER THROUGH OPEN AND FRANK DISCUSSIONS. IF THE PROTESTER'S CONCERNS ARE UNRESOLVED, AN INDEPENDENT REVIEW IS AVAILABLE BY THE OMBUDSMAN. THE PROTESTER MAY FILE A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST TO EITHER THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THAT, THE OMBUDSMAN UNDER THE OPAP PROGRAM. CONTRACT AWARD OR PERFORMANCE WILL BE SUSPENDED DURING THE PROTEST PERIOD UNLESS CONTRACT AWARD OR PERFORMANCE IS JUSTIFIED, IN WRITING, FOR URGENT AND COMPELLING REASONS OR IS DETERMINED IN WRITING TO BE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE GOVERNMENT. THE AGENCY'S GOAL IS TO RESOLVE PROTESTS IN LESS THAN 35 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FILING. PROTESTS SHALL INCLUDE THE INFORMATION SET FORTH IN FAR 33.103(D) (2). IF THE PROTESTER FAILS TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION, RESOLUTION OF THE PROTEST MAY BE DELAYED OR THE PROTEST MAY BE DISMISSED. TO BE TIMELY PROTESTS MUST BE FILED WITHIN THE PERIOD SPECIFIED IN FAR 33.103(E). FORMAL PROTESTS FILED UNDER THE OPAP PROGRAM SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO OPAP@USCG.MIL AND THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR BY HAND DELIVERY TO THE CONTRACTING OFFICER.
ELECTION OF FORUM. AFTER AN INTERESTED PARTY PROTESTS A COAST GUARD PROCUREMENT TO THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR THE OMBUDSMAN, AND WHILE THE PROTEST IS PENDING, THE PROTESTER AGREES NOT TO FILE A PROTEST WITH THE GAO OR OTHER EXTERNAL FORUM. IF THE PROTEST IS FILED WITH AN EXTERNAL FORUM, THE AGENCY PROTEST WILL BE DISMISSED.
THE OMBUDSMAN HOTLINE TELEPHONE NUMBER IS (202) 372-3695
NOTICE TO OFFERORS
1. This is a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the FY 18 Dockside Repairs of CGC MIDGETT (WHEC 726) home moorage in Seattle, WA. This requirement is for dockside repairs aboard CGC MIDGETT (WHEC 726) consisting of items in accordance with the attached specification (ATTACHMENT 1). Scope of work shall include ship repair and associated support work, and may include work that is not currently listed as Definite or Optional Items. A full list of contract line item numbers and items, quantities, and units of measure, including options, is includes as ATTACHMENT 3. The Contractor shall furnish all the necessary labor, material services, equipment, supplies, power, accessories, facilities and such other things as are necessary, except as otherwise specified, to perform dockside repairs in accordance with the solicitation, and attached specification. Failure to read the specification in their entirety will not relieve the offeror from the responsibility for properly estimating the difficulty or price of successfully performing the work. Failure to do so will be at the offeror's risk. All proposals submitted in response to this solicitation shall stand firm for 60 calendar days from the close date of the solicitation.
3. A full list of provisions and clauses which apply to this solicitation are found in ATTACHMENT 2.
4. In order to be selected for award, offerors will be required to submit written offers consistent with the requirements of this solicitation. Award will be based on evaluation factors outlined in FAR 52.212-2 Evaluation-Commercial Items.
5. Offerors must complete and submit all applicable items of this solicitation, with particular emphasis on Schedule of Items - Prices, contract clauses, and 52.212-3, Offeror Representation & Certifications - Commercial Items, including all amendments issued under this solicitation. Contractors are required to offer prices for all items in Schedule of Items-Prices, ATTACHMENT 3, to be considered.
6. Offerors that elect to use commercial delivery services for delivery of proposals/quotes are advised that such delivery must be made directly to Suite 800N on the 8th Floor North of the Oakland Federal Building, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA on 29 September 2017 at 2:00 P.M., Pacific standard time. Delivery of the proposal to any other location within the Federal building will not be sufficient or acceptable. Mailed and e-mailed proposals will be accepted. Facsimile proposals will not be accepted. Emailed proposals shall be sent to Valerie.S.RiveraChase@uscg.mil. An Offeror that fails to meet any due date will be considered "late" in accordance with FAR 52.212-1(f).
7. All prospective offerors are urged to visit the cutter and visually inspect each item of work and to become acquainted with local conditions, locations of items and fixtures, removals, replacements, interference and the nature of work. CGC MIDGETT will be available for shipcheck up to 15 September 2017. Contractors are advised to contact ENG2 Justin Creel at (206) 217-6591 or via e-mail Justin.R.Creel@uscg.mil to arrange a ship check.
8. Offerors are advised that some of the drawings, diagrams, and reports that are provided with this solicitation are for information use only. The Coast Guard does not warrant the accuracy of this information. This is the best information available to the Coast Guard and is provided to the offerors to assist them in preparing their competition proposals.
9. All questions must be submitted utilizing the Request for Clarification Form, Attachment 4, no later than 15 September 2017 at 3:00 P.M., Pacific Local Time, and be directed to: Valerie Rivera-Chase's e-mail: Valerie.S.Riverachase@uscg.mil . Questions received after this date and time may not be answered due to time constraint.
10. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Each offeror shall furnish the information required by the solicitation, which includes:
1. Offeror's address, DUNS number
11. ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: The contract is expected to be awarded on or about 16 October 2017. Work covered by this requirement shall be completed within the respective period of performance for each cutter.
12. Closing date/time for submission of offers is 29 September 2017 at 2:00 P.M., Pacific Standard Time.
Submit responses to:
U.S. Coast Guard
1. Specification - Revision 1, 26 April 2017
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
August 30, 2017
MIDGETT_(WHEC_378W)_DS_FQ1_LDG_18R0(REV).pdf (471.90 Kb)
Description: ATTACHMENT 1 - SPECIFICATION
ATTACH._2-Continuation.doc (570.50 Kb)
Description: ATTACHMENT 2 - CONTINUATION OF COMBINED SYNOPSIS/SOLICITATION - CLAUSES AND PROVISIONS
Description: ATTACHMENT 3 - SCHEDULE OF ITEMS - PRICING SHEET
Description: ATTACHMENT 4 - REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION FORM
September 26, 2017
Contracting Office Address :
1301 Clay St.,
Oakland, California 94612-5249
Place of Performance :
Primary Point of Contact. :
Valerie S Rivera-Chase,
Phone: (510) 637-5972
Secondary Point of Contact :
Ryan R. DelaCruz,
Contracting Officer/Section Chief
|Aug 31, 2017||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC MIDGETT FY 18|
|Sep 28, 2017||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC MIDGETT FY 18|
|Oct 3, 2017||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC MIDGETT FY 18|
|Nov 15, 2017||[Award] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC MIDGETT FY 18|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.