MITS Simulation Software Upgrade
|Agency:||Department of the Army|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 3, 2017|
|Due Date:||Aug 25, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Aug 15, 2017 11:13 am
SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS/NOTICE OF INTENT
This is a Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government currently intends to award a purchase order for a software update and install for VShip 9.0 for the Maritime Integrated Training Systems (MITS) on an SOLE SOURCE basis, but is seeking vendors that may be able to perform this requirement in order to support a competitive procurement. Accordingly, the U.S. Government highly encourages all interested businesses (large and small) to respond to this sources sought synopsis. In addition, small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), must describe their identifying capabilities in meeting the requirements at a fair market price, i.e., information which may help support a set-aside.
The proposed sole source firm-fixed price contract is to CSRA, Inc. for an upgrade to the current MITS VShip software. The statutory authority for the sole source procurement is 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1) or 41 U.S.C. 3304(a)(1) as implemented in Federal Acquisition Regulation 6.302-1(a)(2), Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements. The MITS supports the software upgrade/enhancement to the following training systems/devices: Full Mission Bridge (FMB); Small Craft Bridge (SCB), Vessel Defense Simulator (VDS) and the Expeditionary Fast Craft (EPF). The software will consist of multiple Layer of objects to include maps, charts, vessel, ammunitions, cargo and avatars. The software will be a drop and drag layout with expansion packs that will allow set up of actual MITS operations. As the layout is finished, the student will see an actual movement of all assets. The contractor will provide a total software up-grade for the current MITS simulation motion-training platform in use at the Transportation School. This will entail the incorporation of new features and capabilities that a "state of the art" system should have along with the developments since the installation of the current training simulator. The contractor will provide the required software and ensure the total system functionality after completion of work.
This notice does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is NOT seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. A determination not to compete this requirement, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the Government. However, if a competitive solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Governmentwide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Governmentwide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The NAICS code is: 511210, Software Publishers.
In response to this sources sought:
1. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, identify business size (large business or a small business), and if applicable, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
2. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
4. Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
5. Information to help determine if the requirement (item or service) is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
6. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition, including competition among small business concerns.
7. Recommendations to improve the Army's approach/specifications to acquiring the identified items.
8. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition and identify alternatives or solution solutions. Also contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-466-3015, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Sources Sought Synopsis. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
Interests or concerns submitted in response to this notice must show clear and convincing evidence that competition of this requirement would be advantageous to the Government. If no affirming written responses are received by 8:00 am ET on August 25th, 2017, an award will made without further notice and a justification will be posted in accordance with FAR 8.405-6(a)(2).
Responses will be accepted in writing only to Christina Crawley, Contract Specialist, at email@example.com. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Redacted Justification and Approval
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
Redacted Justification and Approval
October 3, 2017
Eustis-2017-22_J&A_MITD_MITS_Redacted.pdf (715.00 Kb)
Description: Redacted J&A for award number W911S0-17-P-0056
Contracting Office Address :
Fort Eustis, Virginia 23604-5538
Place of Performance :
Fort Eustis, VA
Fort Eustis, Virginia
Primary Point of Contact. :
|Aug 15, 2017||[Sources Sought] MITS Simulation Software Upgrade|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.