Quantachrome Instruments NOVAtouch LX-2 multi-station sorption analyzer.
|Agency:||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 3, 2017|
|Due Date:||Oct 5, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Oct 03, 2017 11:28 amuantachrome Instruments NOVAtouch LX-2 for the purpose of determining key physical properties of astromaterials and simulants in order to: 1) better understand the surface properties of extraterrestrial bodies and 2) properly normalize in vivo and in vitro studies evaluating the reactivity and toxicity of dust samples. The item must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Instrument shall include the capability to analyze multiple samples simultaneously.
2. Cryogenic coolant level must be controlled so as to minimize cold free space (i.e. within 4 cm of base of lowest portion of sample cell for enhanced sensitivity).
3. Sample cells of different sizes much be available in order to handle powders and cores of various sizes. Smaller cells will be particularly important for samples of a highly limited nature.
4. Four dedicated degassing ports that permit simultaneous degassing of samples (at two different temperatures) while analysis is in progress.
5. Capable of programmable protocols for multiple heating ramps (of various rates) and hold times to enable careful and systematic temperature control during sample preparation.
6. Sample preparation heaters must incorporate dual thermocouples for over-temperature protection and be supported in vacuum degassing mode by retractable hook and tether (to eliminate hot metal clips around the mantle).
7. The associated software shall include an array of density functional theory (DFT) models, comprising both Non-Linear DFT (NLDFT) and Quenched Solid DFT (QSDFT), for accurate pore size calculations of carbons, zeolites and silicas of different geometries (e.g. slit, cylindrical, spherical plus some combinations thereof) and a variety of adsorbate/temperature combinations.
8. The associated software shall allow automatic selection of linear BET range for microporous materials based on ISO standard 9277:2010 (Annex C).
9. The associated software shall allow surface roughness measurements based on self-similar fractal calculations.
10. The entire item must have integrated components in order to minimize the amount of bench space required for a complete preparation/analysis system (ideal: 62cm X 50cm X 85cm).
11. The power supply must interface with a 208V or 120V outlet (NASA's house power) or provide for a transformer to interface with NASA's house power as part of the system.
12. Readily available commercial-off-the-shelf.
13. Lead time within 4 weeks.
Contracting Office Address :
NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC), Building 1111, Jerry Hlass Road
Stennis Space Center, Mississippi 39529
Place of Performance :
Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
2101 NASA Parkway
Houston, Texas 77058-3696
Primary Point of Contact. :
Joseph H Reynolds
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.