Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock
|Agency:||Department of the Army|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 28, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Contract Award Date :
September 26, 2017
Contract Award Number :
Contract Award Dollar Amount :
Contractor Awarded Name :
Southern Marine Construction Co.
Added: Jul 24, 2017 7:19 pm Modified: Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm Track Changes
PURPOSE: The Nashville District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is issuing this Invitation for Bid (IFB) solicitation for Mooring Cell Construction at Wheeler Lock and Dam, Rogersville, AL.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: USACE anticipates a base with two (2) options; firm fixed-price construction contract to accomplish the following work at Wheeler Lock and Dam:
1) Access by water. Most work will be located at Tennessee River Mile (TRM) 275.7 and 275.8 immediately upstream of the dam. The only access to provide equipment and materials to this worksite will be by water or across the channel for the lock's upper approach.
2) Government furnished property. Sheet piles will be Government furnished and are stored at the Barkley Lock & Dam Storage Yard (NAD 83 & NAVD 88 - E: 917030.8, N: 1898736.0). All other materials shall be provided by the contractor. The contractor will be responsible for pick up and transporting all sheet piles specified without damage. A crane may be necessary to move sheet piles closer to or onto the floating barge. No spreader bar or cellular sheet pile template will be provided and will be the responsibility of the contractor.
3) Mooring Cell #1 Construction. The new mooring cell will be 40.5 ft Diameter by approximately 65 ft height located at TRM 275.7. Approximately 40 feet of water and 8 feet of overburden until weather and fractured rock is expected. The contractor must excavate a 50 feet diameter circle top 3 feet of overburden at the cell's center. After the sheet piles have all been driven a diver must inspect the sheet piles for any interlock concerns. An inspection shall be made of each cell location within the Wheeler locations. A concrete seal shall then be placed above the overburden. Once the concrete has adequately cured, the remaining height of the cell shall be filled with aggregate.
1) Mooring Cell #2 Construction. The new mooring cell will be 40.5 ft Diameter by approximately 65 ft height located at TRM 275.8. Approximately 40 feet of water and 8 feet of overburden until weather and fractured rock is expected. The contractor must excavate a 50 feet diameter circle top 3 feet of overburden at the cell's center. After the sheet piles have all been driven a diver must inspect the sheet piles for any interlock concerns. An inspection shall be made of each cell location within the Wheeler locations. A concrete seal shall then be placed above the overburden. Once the concrete has adequately cured, the remaining height of the cell shall be filled with aggregate. The cells shall be approximately 500 feet apart.
2) Return of unused sheet pile to Barkley Lock and Dam. In the event that option #1 is not exercised; return unused sheet pile to Barkley Lock and Dam.
This description is not intended to be all encompassing and is subject to change.
SITE VISIT: The clauses at 52.236-2, Differing Site Conditions, and 52.236-3, Site Investigations and Conditions Affecting the Work, will be included in any contract awarded as a result of this solicitation.
Accordingly, offerors or quoters are urged and expected to inspect the site where the work will be performed. Please refer to this solicitation, for the exact date and time of the site visit. No other site visits will be scheduled or granted.
(a) Organized site visits have been scheduled for-
1.) 22 August 2017 at 10:00 AM Central Time (Barkley)
2.) 23 August 2017 at 09:00 AM Central Time (Wheeler)
(b) Participants will meet at- *See NOTES 1 and 2
1.) Barkley Lock and Dam: Boats may be launched from the boat ramp just to the south-west of Barkley Dam on Barkley Dam Spur. This boat ramp is adjacent to the laydown site for the Government furnished property. USACE will address bidders from 1000-1100 at the laydown site.
Barkley Dam Spur
2.) Wheeler Lock and Dam: USACE will address bidders from the parking lot just north-east of Wheeler Lock adjacent to Highway 101 from 0900-1000.
LAT: 34.815005 LONG: -87.382614
(c) Questions from the site visits shall be due no later than 10:00 a.m. CST, 28 August 2017. Please submit all questions to Contract Specialist Debra Barlow at email address: Debra.a.Barlow@usace.army.mil. Questions received after this deadline will not be addressed.
1.) All participants are required to have personal safety equipment, i.e. hard hat and safety toe shoes. Safety equipment will not be provided. This is mandatory. Contractors who do not have these items present at the Site Visits will not be able to participate in the visit.
2.) USACE will not provide boating access to the work site. Any parties interested in seeing the work site by boat shall provide their own means of access and comply with Federal, State, and Local Boating regulations.
REQUIREMENT TO REGISTER TO ATTEND SITE VISIT: Only registered persons will be permitted to attend the site visit. In addition to the below information, please also provide your name of firm, firm's CAGE and/or Unique Entity Identifier number (DUNS number), name and position title of primary point of contact and their telephone number and email address. Only two persons from each business entity will be permitted to attend.
U.S. Citizens: To register, U.S. citizens interested in attending the site visit must submit a Nashville District (LRN) Security Access Form to the Point of Contract (POC), Debra Barlow via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 18, 2017, 2:00 PM Central time. If submitting the form in less than two business days, the person may not receive approval for participation. Notification of approval or denial will be provided prior to the date of the site visit.
The registration form is available as a pdf attachment on www.fbo.gov with this solicitation and is titled as Site Visit Registration Form.
Foreign Nationals (FNs): FNs wishing to attend the site visit shall submit a completed LRN FN Security Form and legible color copies of two of the following documents: Passport (unexpired or expired), Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (INS Form N-560 04 N-561), Certificate of Naturalization (INS Form N-550 or N-570), unexpired foreign Passport with I-551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization, an Alien Registration Receipt Card with photo (INS Form I-151 or I-551), unexpired Temporary Resident Card (INS Form I-688), unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS Form I-688A), unexpired Reentry Permit (INS Form I-327), unexpired Refugee Travel Document (INS- Form I571), or unexpired Employment Authorization Documentation issued by the INS which contains a photograph (INS Form I-688B) to the LRN POC. These documents must be submitted ten (10) days prior to the site visit.
Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis but will be limited. The form is available as a pdf attachment on www.fbo.gov with this solicitation and is titled as Foreign National Sec Access Form.
Additional guidance is available at http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Portals/49/docs/Security/Sec%20508%20Foreign%20National%20Sec%20Access%20Form%20JUN%202014.pdf
NAICS CODE AND SBA SIZE STANDARD: The NAICS code for this project is 238120; Structural Steel and Precast Concrete Contractors, with a small business size standard of $15 million.
TYPE OF SET-ASIDE: 100% Total Small Business Set-Aside
SOLICITATION AND CONTRACT TYPE: It is anticipated that from this IFB Solicitation; the Government will award one (1) Firm Fixed-Price Construction Contract with a base and two (2) options to the company that provides the lowest priced bid who is determined to be responsive and responsible.
DISCLOSURE OF MAGNITUDE OF THE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT: The disclosure of magnitude range is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance for the base and options is approximately 368 calendar days after notice to proceed.
SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM): Offerors must be successfully registered in SAM, www.sam.gov, in order to receive a Government contract award. Offerors must have their representations and certifications available on-line in SAM or provide them with their proposal in order to receive a Government contract award.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Any amendments to this solicitation will be posted on Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) website, www.fbo.gov. It is, and will continue to be, the responsibility of all potential offerors to monitor the FBO website for any amendments, updates, responses to questions and answers, etc. as the Government will not be maintaining a mailing list.
POINT-OF-CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS: The Contract Specialist for this solicitation is Debra Barlow, email: email@example.com and Lether Robinson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any communications regarding this procurement must be made in writing via e-mail. It must identify the Solicitation number, company name, address, e-mail address, phone number including area code, facsimile number, and point of contact.
Added: Sep 07, 2017 10:05 amW912P5-17-B-0012 Amendment 0001
The purpose of this amendment is to:
1. Publish the Pre-bid site visit minutes
All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Site Visit registration Form
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
Site Visit registration Form
August 3, 2017
Wheeler_U.S._National_Site_Visit_Registration_Form.p... (157.33 Kb)
Description: Site visit registration form for U.S Nationals
Wheeler_Site_Visit_Foreign_National_Security_Registr... (82.12 Kb)
Description: Site visit registration form for Foreign Nationals
August 14, 2017
W912P5-17-B-0012_Wheeler_Mooring_Cell_Solicitation.p... (467.71 Kb)
Description: Solicitation for Wheeler Lock Mooring Cell Construction
Wheeler_Mooring_Cell_Tech_Specs_W912P5-17-B-0012.pdf... (3,017.15 Kb)
Description: Wheeler Mooring Cell Construction Technical Specifications
Wheeler_Mooring_Cell_Drawings_W912P5-17-B-0012.pdf (3,641.82 Kb)
Description: Wheeler Mooring Cell Construction Drawings
September 7, 2017
W912P5-17-B-0012-0001_Amendment.pdf (269.53 Kb)
Description: Amendment 0001 to Wheeler Mooring Cell Construction Solicitation W912P5-17-B-0012
September 7, 2017
Updated_Technical_Specs_W912P5-17-B-0012.pdf (3,136.87 Kb)
Description: Updated Technical Specifications
September 7, 2017
Updated_Drawings_W912P5-17-B-0012.pdf (3,668.07 Kb)
Description: Updated drawings for Wheeler Mooring Cell
September 17, 2017
Contracting Office Address :
PO Box 1070
Nashville, Tennessee 37202-1070
Place of Performance :
Primary Point of Contact. :
Secondary Point of Contact :
Lether E. Robinson,
|Jul 25, 2017||[Presolicitation] Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock|
|Aug 4, 2017||[Presolicitation] Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock|
|Aug 14, 2017||[Solicitation] Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock|
|Sep 8, 2017||[Solicitation] Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock|
|Sep 17, 2017||[Solicitation] Mooring Cell Construction Wheeler Lock|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.