Architectural Services for Master Planning
|Agency:||Department of Commerce|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 28, 2017|
|Due Date:||Jun 30, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: May 16, 2017 11:51 am Modified: May 24, 2017 1:01 pm Track Changes(REQUEST FOR SF330s)
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), an agency of the Department of Commerce is seeking qualified Architect-Engineering (AE) firms to submit Standard Form 330 (SF330) Architect / Engineer Statement of Qualifications for Architectural Services for Master Planning and other Associated pre-planning services for NIST facilities located nationwide. Facilities locations are Fort Collins, CO, Kekaha, HI; Boulder, CO and Gaithersburg, MD.
2. Professional qualifications of the offeror and its proposed subcontractor and key personnel, based upon projects completed within the last seven years.
3. Offeror's recent past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry, similar to that described herein, in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
The offeror shall provide at least one reference for itself and its proposed subcontractors, as appropriate, for each project included in the SF-330. Under SF-330 Part I. Item F. 23 (Owner Information) reference's contact information must include valid phone number and e-mail address.
The selected offerors will be invited to present their qualifications in person to the Evaluation Board. All selected firms shall be provided with a Scope of Work, Interview Questions, and a description of the oral presentation evaluation factors. All offerors will be given approximately (7) calendar days to prepare for their interview presentations. Selected offerors will be evaluated and ranked by order of preference based upon presentations/interviews.
1. Master Planning - Urban design and campus planning services for the development and updating of NIST Master Plans. Also included is the preparation of an Environmental Assessment and/or an Environmental Impact Statement for each Master Plan to satisfy the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
2. Programming - Program of Requirements (POR) that accurately reflects spatial, functional and operational requirements for a specific program or organization. Applying space standards approved by NIST, and utilizing questionnaires/interviews, the POR will articulate space needs, adjacency requirements, operational and performance requirements, as well as site and security requirements.
3. Space Utilization Studies - Comprehensive space analysis including organizational distribution of space (space assignments), overall space occupied by each organization, identification of support space, joint use space, space types, utilization rates by space, building, and organization. Provide space consolidation strategies and recommend more efficient utilization of space.
4. Concept Studies - Conceptual architectural design studies for new facilities and renovations. Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, and site/civil and landscape planning shall be included as required.
5. Feasibility Studies - Existing building analysis and condition assessment including the capacity of the facility to meet the programmatic requirements. Architectural, engineering, infrastructure and site systems shall be included.
6. Cost Estimating - Concept level project budget estimates, detailed program or project cost estimates, life-cycle cost estimates (identification of all cost elements from initial concept through operations, support, and disposal).
7. Business Case Analyses (Cost Benefit Analyses) - Comparative analysis that presents facts and supporting details among competing alternatives. It considers life-cycle costs as well as quantifiable and non-quantifiable benefits.
8. Environmental Planning and Analyses (NEPA compliance and documentation) - Project, program, or site-wide environmental analysis to determine NEPA compliance level (Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement), and accompanying documentation.
10. Site Planning Studies - Specialized site studies pertaining to a portion of a NIST site, or a specialized campus wide study including landscaping, signage, land use, natural resources, etc.
11. Space Planning - Space planning for office, laboratory, and support spaces.
12. Security Studies - As related to physical facility or campus security analysis and design.
13. Cultural Resource Planning and Support Services - Specialized studies and/or
14. Campus Infrastructure Planning - Site utility systems including, but not limited to, steam, condensate, chilled water, domestic water, sanitary, electrical, IT, and security systems. Investigations and planning of campus distribution systems site-wide or for specific portions of the site.
15. Campus Signage, including wayfinding, gate signage, kiosks and building identification signs
16. Campus Mapping, including 3-D mapping
All submissions must include a completed Standard Form (SF) 330, Architect/Engineer Qualifications. The SF330 shall not exceed a total of 60(each side of a sheet counts as one page) in a common font, size 12, single spaced. Use graphic presentations where such use will contribute relevant data. Page size 11"x17" may be used for graphics and charts.
Deliver via US Mail, FedEx, UPS, etc. (or hand-deliver) the original SF330 and three (5) copies to The National Institute of Standards and Technology(NIST) 100 Bureau Drive, building 301 Room B112 (Mail Stop 1640), Attn: Gina Lee, Gaithersburg, MD 20899).
Request for Information (RFI): Offerors deadline to submit RFI's is by 1:00pm on June 1, 2017. RFI's are to be directed only via email to Gina Lee at email@example.com and copy Sandra Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Government response will be posted no later than June 8, 2017.
Added: Jun 08, 2017 3:30 pm
Updated to add new primary point of contact.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
June 8, 2017
September 27, 2017
Contracting Office Address :
100 Bureau Drive, Building 301
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-1410
Place of Performance :
100 Bureau Dr.
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899
Primary Point of Contact. :
Secondary Point of Contact :
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?