Minuteman III Health Metric System
|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Aug 4, 2020|
|Due Date:||Aug 14, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Updated)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-06:00) MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME, DENVER, USA
- Updated Published Date: Aug 03, 2020 12:44 pm MDT
- Original Published Date: Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am MDT
- Updated Response Date: Aug 14, 2020 04:00 pm MDT
- Original Response Date: Jul 27, 2020 03:00 pm MDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Updated Inactive Date: Aug 29, 2020
- Original Inactive Date: Aug 11, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: D302 - IT AND TELECOM- SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
- NAICS Code: 541512 - Computer Systems Design Services
Place of Performance:
Hill AFB , UT 84056USA
Minuteman III (MMIII) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)
Department of the Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command, AFNWC/NMSE.
BACKGROUND: The Air Force (AF) is evaluating the need to create and maintain a system to digitally monitor and manage the health of the Minuteman III weapon system. The AF would like to obtain information to understand if systems exist to monitor Health Metrics and who is available to tailor a systems to the specific needs. The purpose of this Sources Sought Synopsis is two-fold.
The first purpose is to conduct market research to determine if responsible sources exist, to assist in determining if this effort can be a full and open competition and/or a total small business set-aside. The proposed North American Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) code is 541512 which has a size standard of $30.0M. If an alternate NAICS code is recommended, please provide the recommendation in the response. The AF will use this information to determine the best acquisition strategy for this procurement. The AF is interested in all businesses to include 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Hubzone, and Women-Owned small business concerns. The AF requests that interested parties respond to this notice if applicable and identify your business status to the identified NAICS code (see the Section labeled “Responses” for response requirements). Additionally, please provide any anticipated teaming arrangements. Any responses involving teaming agreements should delineate between the work that will be accomplished by the prime and the work accomplished by the teaming partners.
The second purpose of this sources sought synopsis is to obtain information about schedule, cost, and other aspects of this potential procurement from the perspectives of creation.
The third purpose of this sources sought synopsis is to obtain information about schedule, cost, and other aspects of this potential procurement from the perspectives maintenance.
NOTICE: This is not a solicitation but rather a Sources Sought Synopsis to obtain information for planning purposes only. Neither the release of this sources sought synopsis nor any responses to it guarantee a solicitation will be issued. Rather, the purpose of this sources sought is to determine potential sources for information and planning purposes only. A determination by the Government not to compete this solicitation is solely within the discretion of the Government.
DESCRIPTION: The Minuteman III Weapon System is managed through monitoring the subsystems and components detailed in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). This architecture is defined down to the level of Configured Items (CI), approximately 2400 items. Multiple systems and databases, used by different teams that support the Weapon System, generate data to monitor and manage the health of the system. There is no current system that generates a merged health metric, actively or passively.
- Produce Lifecycle Management environment with the WBS architecture down to the Configured Item (CI) level across all Airborne Vehicle Equipment (AVE), Operational Ground Equipment (OGE), and Maintenance Ground Equipment (MGE)
- All CIs are indentured to one another up and down
- All CIs are linked to their respective specification, and connected to one another all the way to the top-level weapon system specification
All CIs linked directly to an ‘age-out’ and ‘attrition’ health metric—today and through End of Life (EOL) MMIII with margin
- Includes status of vendor/materiel availability and assessment of attrition risk
- Incorporates risk/issue technical likelihood/consequence assessment and handling strategy
- Capable of a detailed active mitigation schedule
- Capable of generating Return on Investment (ROI) for mitigation efforts
All CIs linked to their influence on the weapon system Key Performance Parameters (KPPs)
- Anticipated the analysis will require a classified system
Each CI element has the capability to house a functional SySML model and 3D model of that CI system/subsystem/component
- Validated 3D models would be incorporated as the technical baseline
Link proprietary operational and maintenance discrepancy reporting systems to the Health Metric System through their respective CI
- Inclusive of Depot Technical Assistance Requests (202s), Emergency Technical Assistance Requests (ETARs), Maintenance Assistance Requests (MARs), Discrepancy Reports (DRs), and Obsolescence Reports, Inventory Status (339s)
- Supply system inventory status out of D200A is linked to its respective CI
All other applicable data from existing AF systems is linked to the respective CI
- Inclusive of IMDS, IMPRESSA, LIMS-EV, Aging Surveillance, REMIS, inventory status (D200A), Part Number Requisitions (PNSSR) backorders, Standard Base Supply System (SBSS), Integrated Logistics Systems—Supply (ILS-S), etc.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) learning tool that can help synthesize data
- Assess ROI relative to mission capability
Visual depiction of health of the fleet
- Utilizes the Master Equipment Subsystem List (MESL) across all Launch Facilities (LFs), Command and Control (C2), and AVE systems
- Depicts 202s, ETARs, MARs, DRs, 339s, Maintenance Actions, quantity and impact across all CIs
- Depicts daily operations on-going in the field
Workflow to manage the technical baseline in a 3D environment
- Incorporates Engineering Orders (EO), Technical Order (TO) Updates (252), etc.
Workflows that make available to all stakeholders in the supply system, depot and field status of on-going assistance requests
- Inclusive 202, ETAR, MAR, DR, 339, TO updates, etc
- Workflows incorporate scheduling capabilities to link to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), daily operations, and planned work
Must provide evidence of capability to develop such a system
- Demonstrate successful creation of system similar to the Minuteman III Health Metrics system described
- Company recommended to have qualifications and employees that have worked with systems merging multiple discrete databases
- Must demonstrate capability and expertise for schedule adherence while addressing technical challenges
- Must be able to perform qualification testing
- Must demonstrate capability and expertise for appropriate handling of data
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUESTED:
- Provide estimated schedule from Contract Award through Qualification
- Provide estimated schedule from Qualification through Implementation
- Provide estimated schedule to establish maintenance capabilities
- Provide estimated cost range such as a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) from Contract Award to Qualification
- Provide estimated cost range such as a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) from Qualification through Implementation
- Provide estimated cost range such as a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) for ongoing Maintenance
Responsible and capable sources may identify their interest by providing a white paper capability statement (limited to 10 pages) with sufficient information to substantiate respondents have all of the capabilities listed in Capabilities and answering all of the AF questions. Please see the section for Eligibility Requirement.
Government will consider responses to one or all of the purposes depending on company’s capability.
Neither the release of this sources sought synopsis nor any responses to it guarantee a solicitation will be issued. A determination by the AF not to compete this solicitation is solely within the discretion of the AF. The AF will not pay for either the effort or the associated costs to respond, or for any information provided.
The distribution of the draft specification and top level drawings is limited to contractors with a DD 2345 certified by the Defense Logistics Information Service, Joint Certification Program (1-877-352-2255) and who have a legitimate business purpose. As such, WBS cannot be provided to a contractor without a certification. Contractors who would like to become certified can find the form and instructions at:
Interested parties are advised that certification of a DD Form 2345 may take time, so completion and submission of that form as soon as possible is highly recommended.
Response date extended to 3 August 2020.
Response date extended to 14 August 2020/4:00 pm MST.
- CP 801 586 8478 6008 WARDLEIGH RD BLDG 1580
- HILL AFB , UT 84056-5837
- Christopher Pacquing
- Phone Number 801-777-3115
- Terry Clark
- Phone Number 801-586-9135
- Aug 03, 2020 12:44 pm MDTSources Sought (Updated)
- Jul 24, 2020 11:53 am MDT Sources Sought (Updated)
- Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am MDT Sources Sought (Original)
|Jul 6, 2020||[Sources Sought (Original)] Minuteman III Health Metric System|
|Jul 24, 2020||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Minuteman III Health Metric System|
|Aug 11, 2020||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Minuteman III Health Metric System|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.