Intent to Sole Source: Application of GC1295 Urethane to "Dolly" Assemblies
|Agency:||Department of the Navy|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jan 7, 2019|
|Due Date:||Jan 17, 2019|
Jan 07, 201911:26 am
It is understood that GC1295 is a proprietary Polyurethane of Gallagher Corporation (GC).
The following exceptions apply to this effort:
1. The tolerance on the thickness of the bottom plates is +/- .015", while on the top plate it is +/- .010". To assist in a consistent finished product, the individual thicknesses of all fifteen top and all fifteen bottom plates will be within +/- .005" of each other while staying within the tolerances given. As an example, if one of the bottom plates is 1.130" thick, the other nineteen should be 1.125" to 1.135". In addition, each plate will have a maximum variation in flatness of .003" overall.
2. The finished thickness tolerance of the dolly is given as 3.000 +/- .005 on the drawing, however the parentheses around the number denotes it as a "reference dimension". If the thickness of your urethane is held to 1.125" +/- .015" as shown, whatever the overall thickness (height) results is acceptable. The overall height need not be held to 3.000 "+/- .005 as it would if the tolerance block was utilized.
3. A slight convex surface at the edges of the Urethane may exist due to shrinkage. This is an acceptable condition and will not affect function.
4. Although not likely, in the event of an assembly does not meet the bubble, void, crack, seam, or crater requirement of the drawing, the Urethane may need to be removed and reapplied on one or two assemblies at most. While removing the Urethane, the possibility exists that the Nedox FM-5 coating could be damaged. If this were to occur on no more that two assemblies, the damaged plates may be returned to PSNS and the coating reapplied at Government expense. Shipping cost from vendor to PSNS will be borne by vendor with return shipping provided at government expense.
5. All surfaces of the Top and Bottom plates will be coated with Nedox. Surfaces where the urethane will be applied will have the Nedox removed and prepared for GC-1295 application.
If your company is able to perform the work stated within this posting, please respond to the Primary Point of Contact via email and provide your company's
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
Bremerton, Washington 98314
3908 Morrison Drive
Gurnee, Illinois 60031-1284
|Jan 8, 2019||[Sources Sought] Intent to Sole Source: Application of GC1295 Urethane to "Dolly" Assemblies|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.