DSS Market Research for conducting Background Investigations
|Agency:||Other Defense Agencies|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 4, 2017|
|Due Date:||Oct 6, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pmTHIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes; it does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ), or a promise to issue an RFP or RFQ. Furthermore, those who respond to this RFI should not anticipate feedback with regards to its submission; other than acknowledgement of receipt - IF a request for an acknowledgement is requested by the submitter. This RFI does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service. The Defense Security Service (DSS) is not at this time seeking proposals. Responders are advised that the Government will not pay any cost incurred in response to this RFI. All costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the responding party's expense. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFP or RFQ. It is the responsibility of the potential Offerors to monitor the website for any information that may pertain to this RFI. All submissions become the property of the Federal Government and will not be returned.
Contracting Office Address: Defense Security Service (DSS), Office of Acquisitions 27130 Telegraph Road, Quantico, VA 22134. The Points of Contact for this RFI are Stephen Heath who can be reached at Stephen.M.Heath2.firstname.lastname@example.org and Tara Petersen who can be reached at Tara.L.Petersen.email@example.com.
Purpose of this RFI:
(1) PERSONNEL BACKGROUND AND SECURITY PLAN REQUIRED. The Secretary of Defense shall develop an implementation plan for the DSS to conduct, after October 1, 2017, background investigations for personnel of the DoD whose investigations are adjudicated by the consolidated Adjudication Facility of the Department.
(2) PLAN FOR POTENTIAL TRANSFER OF INVESTIGATIVE PERSONNEL TO DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. Not later than October 1, 2017, the Secretary and the Director of the Office of Personnel Management shall develop a plan to transfer Government investigative personnel and contracted resources to the Department in proportion to the background and security investigative workload that would be assumed by the Department if the plan required by paragraph (1) were implemented.
On August 25, 2017, the Secretary of Defense approved the implementation plan required by Section 951. The plan describes a phased migration of an enhanced vetting mission that allows DSS to assume responsibility for BIs of DoD-affiliated (civilian, military and contractor) individuals in three phases over a 36-month period.
1. Provide the company name; company address; point of contact name, phone and email; CAGE code; DUNS; business size (large or small) and socio-economic status for all North American Industry Classification Standard (NAICS) codes the company operates under.
2. Provide a capability statement that demonstrates your company's ability to conduct personnel background investigations.
3. Provide a response to the following questions:
4. Please provide your interest in participating in a one-on-one meeting with the Government to discuss the above questions to be schedule in October 2017. Your company's knowledge and insight is expected to greatly benefit DSS's efforts to address the NDAA mandate and develop investigative capability and capacity at DoD. Your time and participation would be greatly appreciated.
RFI Submission Instructions:
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Question and Answers to the Sources Sought
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
Question and Answers to the Sources Sought
October 4, 2017
Question_and_Answers_for_Background_Investigations.d... (15.49 Kb)
Description: The attached document provides the Questions received and the answers from the Government.
Contracting Office Address :
27130 Telegraph Rd.
Quantico, Virginia 22134
Place of Performance :
27130 Telegraph Road
Quanitco, Virginia 22134
Primary Point of Contact. :
Secondary Point of Contact :
|Sep 21, 2017||[Sources Sought] DSS Market Research for conducting Background Investigations|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?