Integrated Ballistic Data Acquisition System (IBDS)
|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jul 28, 2020|
|Due Date:||Aug 7, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-06:00) MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME, DENVER, USA
- Original Published Date: Jul 28, 2020 05:29 pm MDT
- Original Response Date: Aug 07, 2020 12:00 pm MDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Original Inactive Date: Aug 22, 2020
- Original Set Aside: 8(a) Sole Source (FAR 19.8)
- Product Service Code: J066 - MAINT/REPAIR/REBUILD OF EQUIPMENT- INSTRUMENTS AND LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
- NAICS Code: 541511 - Custom Computer Programming Services
Place of Performance:
Yuma Proving Ground , AZ 85365USA
THIS IS A Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government currently intends to award a contract for W9124R20Q0027 on an SOLE SOURCE basis, but is seeking vendors that may be able to perform this requirement in order to support a competitive procurement. Accordingly, the U.S. Government highly encourages all interested businesses (large and small) to respond to this sources sought synopsis. In addition, small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), must describe their identifying capabilities in meeting the requirements at a fair market price, i.e., information which may help support a set-aside.
The proposed sole source commercial item firm fix price contract to Averna, Inc. for non-reoccurring engineering (NRE) services to design/develop/integrate a state of the art data acquisition system that shall replace obsolete hardware while maintaining the proprietary IBDS software code base. The statutory authority for the sole source procurement is Simplified Procedures for Certain Commercial Items, 41 U.S.C. 1901 as implemented by Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 13.501(a)(1)(ii) for sole source commercial acquisitions. Attached are the draft Performance Work Statement (PWS), Performance Requirements Summary (PRS) and Technical Exhibits with workload data.
This notice does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. A determination not to compete this requirement, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the Government. However, if a competitive solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Governmentwide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Governmentwide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The NAICS codes is 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
In response to this sources sought, please provide:
1. Describe the technical capabilities that would be provided by your company to support the following:
a) Perform a complete modernization of the Integrated Ballistic Data Acquisition System (IBDS) hardware components in order to mitigate hardware obsolescence. The IBDS is an intricate data acquisition system specifically developed and refined over the years for ballistic testing at the U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground (USAYPG).
b) Using the current IBDS as a baseline, migrate proprietary software base code that has been historically developed (13+ years) onto a modern and improved hardware platform.
c) Guarantee software code integrity by taking full responsibility for addressing any potential software bugs that might surface during new code development as part of the migration process.
d) Perform a Site Acceptance Test (SAT) at USAYPG to prove the modernization upgrades will meet the needs of USAYPG Yuma Test Center (YTC) Instrumentation Division (ID) requirements.
2. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition and identify alternatives or solution solutions. Also contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-466-3015, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Sources Sought Synopsis. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
3. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, identify business size (large business or a small business), and if applicable, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
4. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
5. Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
6. Information to help determine if the requirement (item or service) is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
7. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition, including competition among small business concerns.
8. Recommendations to improve the Army's approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.
- 301 C STREET BLDG 2364 RM 101
- YUMA PROVING GROUND , AZ 85365-9498
- Jennifer Garcia
- Phone Number 9283284019
- Fax Number 9283286534
- Edgar Angulo
- Phone Number 9283286172
- Jul 28, 2020 05:29 pm MDTSources Sought (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.