36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment
|Agency:||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 30, 2017|
|Due Date:||Oct 24, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Jul 12, 2017 9:30 amTHIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. This is not a solicitation for bids, proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to obtain information regarding the availability and capability of all qualified sources to perform a potential requirement. The responses received from interested contractors will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), National Acquisition Center (NAC), HTME Contracts is requesting procurement information for a commercial laundry project. The National Contract Service is in search of SDVOSB and VOSB organizations that are capable of servicing the Department of Veterans Affairs Fayetteville, AR, Medical Center need to procure the following commercial laundry equipment item(s):
400/500 POUND GAS HEATED DRYING AND CONDITIONING TUMBLER WITH EXTERNAL LINT COLLECTION
For more detailed information please review the attached draft Technical Specifications. RESPONSES SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Company Name, Address, Size Standard, DUNS #, Cage Code
Point of Contact name, phone number, and email address
NAICS Code 333318 and Small Business Size Standard 1000 employee (to determine business size standard)
Commercial Laundry Equipment Price List
Proof of qualifications (provide a list of 3 organizations that you have supplied with commercial laundry equipment)
Provide proof of past performance (provide 2 commercial laundry contracts you have installed in the last 5 years)
Only SDVOSB and VOSB offerors are invited to respond to this Sources Sought Notice via email to Donnie Reeves at Donnie.Reeves@va.gov, along with any other questions or concerns, no later than 07/28/2017.
Disclaimer and Important Notes: This Sources Sought Notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. The Government will treat any information received as proprietary and will not share such information with other companies. Any organization responding to this Sources Sought Notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. The Government may or may not issue a solicitation as a result of this announcement. There is no solicitation available at this time.
ITEM #1 400/500 POUND GAS HEATED DRYING AND CONDITIONING TUMBLER WITH EXTERNAL LINT COLLECTION:
Furnish and install one (1) each 400/500-pound non-production gas heated dryer with external to the machine lint collection. The dryer shall have color touch screen controls & information systems that incorporate automatic/manual machine operation, self-testing, fault display and built-in diagnostics and capable of being programmed for dryer loads.
The cylinder size (rated capacity) shall be 400/500 pounds, based upon a maximum 2.96 pounds per cubic foot of cylinder space.A Dryer shall be capable of being sling loaded from existing monorail, if any modification is needed for the spur, it is up to the contractor.A The types of textiles processed are normal hospital linen, sheets, pillowcases, bath blankets, thermal blankets, towels, wash cloths, patients clothing, uniforms and surgical linens.
The 400/500-pound gas dryer shall be a non-pass thru, 2-way tilt for loading and unloading
Any existing roof penetrations will be removed or capped in compliance with State Roofing Codes.
1. Unit shall be a drying and conditioning tumbler, laundry, commercial type,A
2. Commercial preservation, packaging and packing against damage required.
3. Electrical characteristics - 208 volts, 3 phase, 60 cycles.
4. Dryer shall be microprocessor/color touch screen controls & information systems that incorporate automatic/manual machine operation, self-testing, fault display and built-in diagnostics and capable of being programmed for dryer loads and capable of programming each category of textiles.
5. Tumbler shall be provided with removable cylinder panels and provided with protective non-stick cylinder coating providing 3000-production hour guarantee.
6. Reversing and non-reversing required.
7. Tumbler shall be gas heated.
8. A light to designate that tumbler is in operation is required.A
9. Dryer shall be equipped with heavy duty drive and support wheels.
10. Dryer shall be equipped with a microprocessor time and temperature.
11. The tumbler shall be exhausted to the outside atmosphere.A All ductwork shall be galvanized steel and new to the outside of the building.
A 12. A blow-down device will be installed within the dryer location.A A minimum 1 each) and shall be capable of reaching around the dryer.A This device shall include:
a. A gauged air pressure regulator, with quick disconnect, capable of regulating air pressure from 0 PSI to 30 PSI. A
b. Minimum 50 foot length of heavy duty, reinforced non-kink air hose on an automatic retractable reel.
c. Trigger operated air nozzle with any necessary extensions for reaching hard to reach areas.A
d. Locations of the blow down device(s) shall be depicted on drawings.
13. Tumbler's air intake and exhaust air shall be derived and directed to and from the outside of the laundry building atmosphere.
14. Drying and conditioning tumblers shall have a beacon rotary LED light (colored AMBER) identifying end of drying cycle for the hearing impaired.A Dryer shall also have an audible alarm to indicate when drying cycle has ended.
15. Dryer shall be equipped with excess temperature sprinkler protection.
16. A flow alarm valve shall be installed in the fire suppression system and connected to a rotary beacon LED light (colored RED) and audible alarm, to be located on the dryer, to indicate if a fire exists in the dryer.A The dryers shall also be connected to the building fire alarm system to alert authorities of a fire in the dryers.A The dryer(s) shall be connected to a dedicated domestic water pipe with a tamper proof valve.A A backflow preventer shall be installed within six (6) inches of the domestic water main that is connected to the dedicated domestic water pipe.A A maintenance valve shall be installed on the branch domestic water line before entry in to the dryers and drain into a floor drain if available for maintenance of the fire suppression system.
17. Normal stop push buttons and emergency stop buttons shall be colored red.A An illuminating (when activated) emergency stop button with legends shall be installed on the drying conditioning tumblers.A Yellow background with legends shall also be installed behind the emergency stop button.
18. Drying conditioning tumbler shall be equipped with lockout/tag out instructions for servicing and maintenance of equipment.A Instructions shall be permanently attached to the machine.A Tags and locks shall be provided by the successful offeror.
19. Air intake and exhaust ductwork shall have easily accessible hinged access panels installed for easy clean-out and manual firefighting.A Exhaust ductwork shall be insulated and wrapped with white textured aluminum jacket covering and have identification and flow markings.A Air intake will be insulated and wrapped in PVC plastic and have identification and flow markings.
20. All ductwork located inside the building shall be sealed identified and have directional flow markings installed. A
21. Dryers shall be designed/equipped to prevent placement of objects under the tilting portion of the dryer.
22. Dryer shall be capable of sling loaded from existing monorail, any modification to spur will be the responsibility of the contractor.
A 23. Dryers shall be equipped with a manual override device to permit opening of the dryer door in case of a power failure.
24. Dryers shall be equipped with excess temperature cutout switches or relays and operating temperature controls.
25. Ductwork configuration shall meet the manufacturers recommended size and be cylindrical in design.
26. Tumbler shall have independent electronic ignition.
27. Include lock-out and tag-out requirements for equipment offered.A Lock-out / tag-out devices shall be supplied by the successful offeror.
28. Provide 4-Plex receptacle for each equipment location for mechanics use.
29 An hour meter shall be installed on the dryer that will show actual hours of run time of the dryers.
30 An I-beam with a A ton hoist or other device shall be supplied and installed to remove dryer motors for maintenance.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
July 12, 2017
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 VA797H-17-R-0026_1.docx
August 29, 2017
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 VA797H-17-R-0026_3.docx
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS.docx
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 PAST PERFORMANCE.pdf
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 ACH Form.pdf
August 30, 2017
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 A00001 VA797H-17-R-0026 A00001.docx
September 21, 2017
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 A00002 VA797H-17-R-0026 A00002_1.docx
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 A00002 SCHEDULE OF SUPPLIES.docx
September 29, 2017
Description: VA797H-17-R-0026 A00003 VA797H-17-R-0026 A00003.docx
Contracting Office Address :
Department of Veterans Affairs;NAC, NCS, HTME;BLDG 37 NW;1st Avenue, One Block North of Cermak;Hines, IL 60141
Place of Performance :
VA Medical Center;1100 North College Avenue;Fayetteville, AR
Point of Contact(s) :
|Jul 12, 2017||[Presolicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Aug 29, 2017||[Solicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Aug 31, 2017||[Solicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Sep 6, 2017||[Presolicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Sep 22, 2017||[Solicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Oct 2, 2017||[Solicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Oct 17, 2017||[Solicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Oct 18, 2017||[Presolicitation] 36--Fayetteville, AR Laundry Equipment|
|Jan 11, 2018||[Award] 36--Fayetteville Laundry Equipment|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.