Added: Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm
1. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial services- prepared in accordance with the format in subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. This combined synopsis/solicitation will result in a firm fixed price purchase order.
2. The solicitation number for this effort is AG-6395-S-17-0194 and this combined synopsis/solicitation is issued as a request for quotation (RFQ).
3. The provisions and clauses incorporated into this solicitation document are those in effect at the time of publication. Provisions and clauses incorporated by reference have the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. The full text of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) can be accessed on the Internet at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/ or at https://www.acquisition.gov/.
4. Simplified procurement procedures will be used for this acquisition per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13. This requirement is being offered as a Small Business Set-Aside. The NAICS code is 332992. The small business size standard is 1,250 employees.
5. This requirement is for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Wildlife Service (WS) in San Antonio, TX to purchase non-lead shotgun ammunition that will be used for the aerial removal of hogs; specifically in areas where the use of traditional lead based shot shell pellets are prohibited.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUANTITIES:
CLIN 001 12 gauge 2 , non-toxic 00 Buckshot Shotgun Ammo:
150,000 - 200,000 rounds, Price per round = _________ Extented Price ____________
6. Salient performance characteristics/specifications for non-toxic shotgun ammo for the feral swine program:
? 12 Gauge 2 " 00 Buckshot with 8 to 9 Pellets/round.
? Controlled release Wad (for tighter pattern down range)
? Buffered shot
? Shot Composition: Lead Free Tungsten/Iron (10g/cc Density)
? Pattern: 5 Round maximum average extreme spread of 30" at 40 yards 100% of the pellets on target (for a more humane way of shooting target)
? Muzzle Velocity: varies based on weight of buckshot. We have found that following muzzle velocities work with the corresponding grains.
o 1600 +/- 50 FPS Per SAAMI with 32 grains (Federal High Density) projectiles
o 1300 +/-50 FPS Per SAAMI with 52 grains (Heavy Shot) projectiles
o 1,550 +/-50FPS Per SAAMI with 40grains (ICC 10g/cc Density) projectiles
? Pellets need to retain higher velocity down range for excellent penetration with minimal or no pass through of target.
? For safety concerns - the shot must be made such that the projectiles do not ricochet off the ground. The Wildlife Service members fire the rounds from either a fixed wing aircraft or a helicopter. In both cases, the aircraft often flies through the area in which ricochets would be. In the past, aircraft have been riddled with ricochets of steel shot. Frangible shot is one way for minimal ricochets, others may be accepted including but not limited to the material that the shot is made up of.
? Shot shells need to provide superior performance and accuracy as well as field tested on feral hogs to ensure the effectiveness of round. The Federal High Density 00 Buckshot, the Heavy Shot 00 Buckshot, and the ICC 00 Buckshot have been field tested and found acceptable and are the only acceptable ammo.
? Product delivery requirement must start within 30-45 days of award for use in the fall time season where aerial flying is most optimal and to replenish depleted inventory.
? All ammo must have specifications provided that detail all of the following
o Muzzle velocity
o Projectile composition (material make up)
o Grain of projectile
o Number of projectiles/round
o Kinetic energy and average shot diameter at 40 yds
7. The ammunition shall be delivered FOB Destination to the following addresses. It is preferred that delivery starts within approximately 30-45 days from award. Please indicate on the quotation the required delivery lead time and a delivery schedule that you can meet: (I am still waiting on the address(es) and will provide that as soon as I have them)
All rounds to:
5730 Northwest Parkway, Suite 700
San Antonio, TX 78249
8. The provision at 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors - Commercial (Oct 2015) applies to this solicitation.
9. Award will be made to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to this combined synopsis/solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other performance factors considered. The tradeoff process will be used to evaluate quotes. Quotes will be evaluated based on technical capability, past performance and price, with technical capability and past performance being more important than price.
10. The provision 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items applies to this solicitation. The contractor shall be currently registered in SAM at www.sam.gov and, complete the on-line Offeror Representations and Certifications www.SAM.gov.
11. The clause at 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items (May 2015) applies to this acquisition.
12. The clause at 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders Commercial Items (Dec 2016), applies to this acquisition. The following FAR clauses identified in FAR 52.212-5 are considered checked and are applicable to this acquisition;
(1) 52.203-6, Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government (Sept 2006), with Alternate I (Oct 1995) (41 U.S.C. 253g and 10 U.S.C. 2402).
(4) 52.204-10, Reporting Executive compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards (Oct 2016) (Pub. L. 109-282) (31 U.S.C. 6101 note).
(8) 52.209-6, Protecting the Government' Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment (Oct 2015) (31 U.S.C. 6101 note).
(14) (i) 52.219-6, Notice of Total Small Business Aside (Nov 2011) (15 U.S.C. 644).
(ii) Alternate I (Nov 2011).
(16) 52.219-8, Utilization of Small Business Concerns (Nov 2016) (15 U.S.C. 637(d)(2) and (3)).
(19) 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting (Nov 2011) (15 U.S.C. 637(a)(14)).
(22) 52.219-28, Post Award Small Business Program Rerepresentation (Jul 2013) (15 U.S.C. 632(a)(2)).
(25) 52.222-3, Convict Labor (June 2003) (E.O. 11755).
(26) 52.222-19, Child Labor-Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (Oct 2016) (E.O. 13126).
(28) 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity (Sept 2016) (E.O. 11246).
(29) 52.222-35, Equal Opportunity for Veterans (Oct 2015) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
(30) 52.222-36, Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (Jul 2014) (29 U.S.C. 793).
(31) 52.222-37, Employment Reports on Veterans (Feb 2016) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
(32) 52.222-40, Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act (Dec 2010) (E.O. 13496).
(33)(i) 52.222-50, Combating Trafficking in Persons (Mar 2015) (22 U.S.C. chapter 78 and E.O. 13627).
(44) 52.223-18, Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (Aug 2011) (E.O. 13513).
(49) 52.225-5, Trade Agreements (Oct 2016) (19 U.S.C. 2501, et seq., 19 U.S.C. 3301 note).
(50) 52.225-13, Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases (June 2008) (E.O.'s, proclamations, and statutes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Department of the Treasury).
(56) 52.232-33, Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-System for Award Management (Jul 2013) (31 U.S.C. 3332).
13. Additional contract requirements, provisions and clauses can be found below.
52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference. (Feb 1998)
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es): https://www.farsite.hill.af.mil/ and https://www.acquisition.gov/
(End of clause)
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting. (Jul 2016)
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance. (Jul 2016)
52.232-40 Providing Accelerated Payments to Small Business Subcontractors. (Dec 2013)
452.204-70 Inquiries. (FEB 1988)
Inquiries and all correspondence concerning this solicitation should be submitted in writing to the Contracting Officer. Offerors should contact only the Contracting Officer issuing the solicitation about any aspect of this requirement prior to contract award.
(End of provision)
14. DPAS is not applicable
15. Quotation packets are due no later than September 28, 2017 at 4:00pm central time. Quotation packets, along with specifications and any supporting documentation shall be emailed to Jeremy Pouliot, contracting specialist, at Jeremy.email@example.com.
16. If you have questions regarding this solicitation please email or call Jeremy Pouliot at Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.336.3204.