Repair Culverts on Owens Road, WSMR
|Agency:||Department of the Army|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 30, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Contract Award Date :
September 28, 2017
Contract Award Number :
Contract Award Dollar Amount :
Contract Line Item Number :
Contractor Awarded Name :
Jack Wayte Construction Co Inc.
Contractor Awarded DUNS :
Contractor Awarded Address :
7043 HWY 54 70 N
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico 88310
Added: Sep 29, 2017 1:46 pmThis action was awarded as an 8(a) Sole Source Set-Aside under the authority of section 8(a) of the Small Business Act.
The contractor shall furnish all parts, material, labor, equipment and supervision necessary to complete the work for Owens Road Culverts.
The primary purpose of this project is to repair damages to infrastructure at WSMR caused by flooding on 28 July, 2017. The specific tasks that shall be required for the proposed repairs are listed and described in the following. Complete descriptions and guidelines related to each task are contained in the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) Standard Specifications for Highway and Bridge Construction 2014 Edition.
2. Excavation of Existing Culvert: This work consists of performing excavation, hauling, disposing, materials, and debris encountered during the removal of existing corrugated metal pipe (CMP) culvert.
b. New Construction
2. Subgrade Preparation: This work consists of compacting and finishing the subgrade.
3. Linear Grading, Blading and Reshaping: This work consists of constructing, or restoring and shaping roadbeds, side ditches, and drainage areas to match existing and/or specified grade and typical sections.
4. Rip-Rap Placement: This work consists of placing rip-rap as an erosion control structure.
5. Erosion Control Geotextile: This work consists of placing erosion control geotextiles between erosion control Structures (i.e. rip-rap) and the in situ soil to prevent soil loss resulting in excessive scour and to mitigate hydraulic uplift pressures that may cause instability of an erosion control structure.
6. Pipe Culverts: This work consists of supplying, constructing, and reconstructing pipe Culverts.
7. Portland Cement Concrete (PCC): This work also consists of developing, submitting and getting approval to use PCC mix designs on WSMR Projects. This work also consists of placing Type V Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) for construction of concrete structures.
8. Concrete Structures: This Work consists of constructing concrete box Culverts, headwalls, retaining walls, abutments, bents, piers, slabs, girders, and Incidental Structures requiring the use of concrete, except pre-stressed members.
9. Steel Reinforcement: This work consists of providing and placing steel reinforcement.
10. Compression Joint Seals: This work consists of providing joint seals that prevent debris and water intrusion through the joint system. Provide preformed open cell seals, manufactured with elastomeric polychloroprene Material in accordance with AASHTO M 220.
11. Aggregate Surface Course: This Work consists of providing, hauling, and placing base course material comprised of unrecycled material for surface course in accordance with NMDOT Standard Specifications for Highway and Bridge Construction 2014 Edition; Type I/II Base Course Gradation Band.
Contracting Office Address :
4101 Jefferson Plaza NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109-3435
Primary Point of Contact. :
Glenda D. Kohlieber,
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?