C51 TOWER CLIMBER & RESCUE COMPETENT PERSONS TRAINING
|Agency:||HOMELAND SECURITY, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jul 30, 2020|
|Due Date:||Aug 17, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-04:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
- Updated Published Date: Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am EDT
- Original Published Date: Jul 24, 2020 10:31 am EDT
- Updated Date Offers Due: Aug 17, 2020 10:00 am EDT
- Original Date Offers Due: Aug 17, 2020 10:00 am EDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after date offers due
- Updated Inactive Date: Sep 01, 2020
- Original Inactive Date: Sep 01, 2020
- Original Set Aside: Total Small Business Set-Aside (FAR 19.5)
- Product Service Code: U099 - EDUCATION/TRAINING- OTHER
- NAICS Code: 541690 - Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
Place of Performance:
Miami , FL 33177USA
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for C5I Tower Climber & Rescue Competent Persons Training for 21 students. This synopsis/solicitation is being advertised as a Small Business Set Aside only. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; no separate written solicitation will be issued.
The solicitation number is 70Z028-20-Q-PF3314.
Applicable North American Industry Classification Standard (NAICS) codes are: 541690
Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services Size Standard: $14.0 Mil.
This requirement is for a Firm Fixed Price contract. The contract will be awarded using simplified acquisition procedures in accordance with FAR part 13 and FAR part 15.
The Government will award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, Best Value.
When submitting your proposals, request a price breakdown of the following:
- Labor, personnel, equipment, tools, transportation, supervision and management and any other items necessary to perform this training.
This training should include both classroom and practical training portions.
Contract will be awarded to the vendor who can provide both training requirements and dates of training required in the Statement of work. Cost and Past Performance factors will also be considered when selecting the award.
Anticipated award date: 7 days after close of solicitation, OOA 26 AUG 2020
Quotes are to be received no later than close of business (10:00 AM EST) on 17 AUG 2020.
Faxed quotations will NOT be accepted. Quotes are to be emailed to the Contracting Officer
Mr. Mehdi Bouayad at this email address. Mehdi.Bouayad@USCG.MIL
Quotations can be sent via the US Postal Service or hand delivered should be sent to:
USCG Base Miami Beach (P&C)
Attn: Mehdi Bouayad
909 SE 1st Ave, Room 512
Miami, FL 33131.
Telephone requests of quotes, will NOT be accepted, a formal notice of changes (if applicable) will be issued in FEDBIZOPS (www.fbo.gov).
Wage determinations: General Decision Number: FL 2015-4544 Dated: May 01, 2020
Price Range: NTE $44.5K
SCOPE OF WORK: Prior to submitting a quote, it is mandatory to examine the SOW. In accordance with ALCOAST ACN 136/19 TOWER CLIMBING QUALIFICATION PROCESS, vendors and courses for this training must already be approved by the Strategic Operations Product Line (SOPL). This training should include both classroom and practical training portions for 21 students and must take place on the dates of Sept 14 2020- 18 Sept 2020.
The training course should conform to:
- ANSI Z359.2 - Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, Fall Protection Code
- ANSI Z490.1 – Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training
Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA), 29 CFR Part 1910
Students will climb the tower structure shown in in Part 9 of the Statement of Work.
Training should cover fall protection systems in accordance with ANSI Z359.6 – Specifications and Design Requirements for Active Fall Protection Systems, Fall Protection Code.
The rescue training portion of the course should include self-rescue techniques per Subpart D: Walking-Working Surfaces of the Occupational Safety and Health Standards, 29 CFR Part 1910.
The Tower Climber and Rescue training course should be accredited by an appropriate accrediting body, such as the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Contractor should provide a completion certificate or end-of-course documentation for all students. This documentation should show that students successfully completed the training.
The classroom portion of the training will be hosted in the classroom inside the CEU Miami building. The practical portion of the training will be hosted at the AX06 HF antenna at CEU Miami. The HF antenna will be secured during training hours. This antenna has 4 supporting towers, each of which is 120 feet tall. Each supporting tower has a safety climb system. See attached SOW’s for details.
Location of Work: US Coast Guard Civil Engineering Unit Miami
15608 SW 117th Ave
Miami, FL 33177-1630
Performance Period: Performance of work is expected to commence within 15 days after award is provided to contactor.
52.212-1 -- Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial Items. (DEVIATION 2018-O0018) Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial Items (June 2020)
52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items (June 2020)
52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions—Commercial Items (Oct 2018)
52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items (June 2020)
52.222-41 Service Contract Labor Standards (Aug 2018)
Work hours: Monday through Friday, 0800 – 1630 (8 am – 4:30 pm EST) No weekends or Holidays.
See attached FAR provisions/clauses which apply to this solicitation. Offeror’s may obtain full text version of these clauses electronically at: www.arnet.gov/far
Copies of HSAR clauses may be obtained electronically at http://www.dhs.gov.
Vendors providing an offer must be registered in SAM (System for Award Management) prior to the close of this solicitation. https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
The vendors SAM registration must be in an “ACTIVE” status prior to submission of quote.
Vendors must ensure that the above listed NAICS code(s) are listed on their SAM registration to perform this type of service.
Request Company’s tax ID information and Duns number.
The following Homeland Security Acquisition Regulations (HSAR) are incorporated as addenda to this solicitation: HSAR 3052.209-70 Prohibition on Contracts with Corporate Expatriates (Jun 2006); Contracting Officers Technical Representative (Dec 2003) (COTR) HSAR 3052.237-72. Copies of HSAR clauses may be obtained electronically at http://www.dhs.gov.
**********************************QUESTIONS & ANSWERS***********************************
In part 1 it states: "vendors and courses for this training must already be approved by the Strategic Operations Product Line (SOPL)". How do we achieve this approval? There is a link in ACN 136/19, but we do not have access to the website.
- ANSWER: To get your course approved by SOPL, please email me your Company Name, Course Name, and Course Curriculum/Syllabus. I will forward this to the SOPL Asset Line Manager for approval.
Is the due date Aug 17, 2020 10:00 am EST?
- ANSWER: Yes.
Part 7 requires instructors to have their own gear, rescue kits, etc. Will each climber have their own set of climbing gear? Should we send a required gear list with our proposal?
- ANSWER: Students will bring their own full body harness, helmet, deceleration lanyard, and working lanyard to the training. We are planning to provide 1 or 2 safety grip sleeves for the safety climb to use during training.
- 100 MACARTHER CAUSEWAY MIAMI FL 33139
- MIAMI , FL 33132
- LT Kent Altobelli
- LTJG Victoria Roddy
- Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am EDTCombined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)
- Jul 27, 2020 07:22 am EDT Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)
- Jul 27, 2020 07:21 am EDT Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)
- Jul 24, 2020 10:31 am EDT Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)
|Jul 24, 2020||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)] C51 TOWER CLIMBER & RESCUE COMPETENT PERSONS TRAINING|
|Jul 27, 2020||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)] C51 TOWER CLIMBER & RESCUE COMPETENT PERSONS TRAINING|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.