USPS Hartford, CT P&DC Security Upgrades
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Aug 24, 2020|
|Due Date:||Sep 23, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-04:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
- Original Published Date: Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am EDT
- Original Date Offers Due: Sep 23, 2020 03:00 pm EDT
- Inactive Policy: Manual
- Original Inactive Date: Sep 24, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: Z2AZ - REPAIR OR ALTERATION OF OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE FACILITIES AND SERVICE BUILDINGS
- NAICS Code: 236220 - Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
Place of Performance:
Hartford , CT 06101USA
The U.S. Postal Service plans to issue a Fixed Price Contract to complete a Security Upgrades project at the Hartford CT, P&DC located at 141 Weston Street, Hartford CT 06101. All work will be done in accordance with USPS approved specifications and drawings.
The estimated cost range of the project is $3,200,000 to $3,600,000 with construction completion within 280 calendar days from receipt of notice to proceed. Contractors must submit a Qualification/Evaluation Package with their price proposal. Only the most qualified contractors will be considered.
To be considered, a company must meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) Contractors must provide a copy of a General Contractors license as required by the State named in this solicitation, or copy of an application to obtain such license(s) to perform the work as stated in this solicitation. USPS does not exempt suppliers from licensure for federal projects unless indicated otherwise in the solicitation.
(2) Contractors must have been in the construction business for a minimum of five consecutive years as of the date of this solicitation. There is no requirement that eligible contracting firms remained the identical entity for the five-year period, although legal entity changes (such as from a partnership to a corporation) that occurred during this five-year period should be clearly explained, and if key personnel were retained, this should also be clearly explained.
(3) Contractor must be capable of obtaining performance and payment bonds for 100% of the contract price.
(4) Contractors must provide their EMR rating on insurance company letterhead. If the EMR rating is greater than 1.0, the contractor must provide an explanation from its insurance company in order to be given further consideration for prequalification. An EMR in excess of 1.0 may be grounds for eliminating a firm from further consideration by the evaluation team.
(5) Company must submit information for three comparable security upgrade projects that have either been completed within the past five years or are currently ongoing. Comparable projects are defined as projects with similar scopes of work and costs of $1,000,000 or more.
The Qualification / Evaluation Package will be evaluated in accordance with the criteria stated. The price proposals for only the most highly qualified contractors will be considered.
The Postal Service is more concerned with making an award at the lowest overall price than with obtaining superior technical or management features. However, the Postal Service may not necessarily make an award at the lowest price in order to achieve a small price savings if better value can be achieved with superior technical or management features. The benefits of a higher priced proposal may merit a higher price. The evaluation factors outlined in Section 2-26.2 of the Supplying Principles and Practices, listed in descending order of importance, will be used in the evaluation of proposals.
A PRE PROPOSAL MEETING WILL BE HELD AT THE SITE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2020, AT 11:00 A.M. EST TIME AT THE USPS HARTFORD P&DC LOCATED AT 141 WESTON STREET, HARTFORD CT 06101. ATTENDANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO Kimberly Kinney, Kimberly.S.Kinney@usps.gov or Robert Ramba, Robert.C.Ramba@usps.gov or Lauren Shaver, Lauren.A.Shaver@usps.gov. Deadline for questions is noon Eastern Time on September 15 2020.
Submit proposals via Emptoris, the USPS eSourcing venue. Registration in EMPTORIS is REQUIRED. Registration instructions are attached to this posting. Once you have completed the registration, please email the individuals listed above so an Emptoris invitation can then be sent granting you access to the solicitation and corresponding documents.
The link https:// https://uspsprod.emptoris.com for help with the eSourcing program, please contact the USPS eSourcing at email@example.com or call 1-800-332-0317, options 4 and 5. All contractors are advised to use the tutorial in the upper right hand portion of the screen once you are logged in, to familiarize yourself with the system prior to the event taking place. If responding to a specific solicitation, please notify us after registration so that we may add you to the invitation list to view the documents.
There will be no public opening of offers. All proposal information received is CONFIDENTIAL until award of a contract. Upon award, the name of the successful offeror and the amount of the contract will be released as public information. The names of offerors and the amount of their offers will not be released as public information. This information is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, Exception 4.
- 615 CHESTNUT ST PO BOX 40592
- PHILADELPHIA , PA 19197
- Kimberly Kinney
- Robert Ramba
- Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am EDTCombined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.