Request for Information for Services Equipment Decontamination Systems (SEDS)
|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jan 7, 2021|
|Due Date:||Jan 15, 2021|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Updated)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
- Updated Published Date: Jan 06, 2021 02:30 pm EST
- Original Published Date: Nov 24, 2020 12:42 pm EST
- Updated Response Date: Jan 15, 2021 05:00 pm EST
- Original Response Date: Jan 15, 2021 05:00 pm EST
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Updated Inactive Date: Jan 30, 2021
- Original Inactive Date: Jan 30, 2021
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: 1040 - CHEMICAL WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT
- NAICS Code: 325998 - All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing
Place of Performance:
Natick , MA 01760USA
This is a request for information (RFI) only. This is not a Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal or an Invitation for Bid. It is a market research tool being used to determine the availability and adequacy of potential sources for planning purposes only. Responses to this notice will not be considered as offers and will not be accepted to form a binding contract. The costs of preparing and submitting responses to this RFI will not be reimbursed by the Government.
The Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense and Joint Project Manager for CBRN Protection are seeking to obtain better knowledge and understanding of industry capabilities regarding transportable decontamination technologies, sub-systems, and potential deployable decontamination systems. The Joint Service Equipment Decontamination System (SEDS) will provide a capability that quickly reduces residual Chemical/Biological (CB) contamination on hard, semi-porous, and/or porous equipment. The SEDS system seeks to reduce CB hazards on platoon (18 people) to company (180 person) quantities of Serviceman-carried equipment (e.g. – weapons, optics, body armor, radios, electronics), CB personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, suits) to achieve efficacy levels that permit negligible severity effects from unprotected post-decontamination vapor and contact exposures for long periods. It is expected that the SEDS technology will be/become a ruggedized system capable of operating in standard military operational temperatures and meet military reliability expectations. Examples of potential transportable platforms include ground vehicles, air-cable lift, and aircraft.
The SEDS will be employed by the Joint Force to quickly recover equipment contaminated with biological and chemical weapons agents by neutralizing or decontaminating the contaminants, negating the need for protective equipment and maximizing tactical flexibility and fighting strength, while minimizing the logistical burden and turnaround time. This will enable the Joint Force to return to pre-incident operational capability and prevent exposure of personnel to hazardous substances, enabling them to continue assigned missions.
Responses should include a comprehensive list of all equipment, decontaminates, technology and instructions necessary to effectively conduct equipment decontamination for CB hazards.
Responses should include as much of the following information available:
- Product name
- Estimated unit cost for a complete system
Product description to include:
- Description of decontamination technology and method, including estimated technology readiness level and/or manufacturing readiness levels
- Total decontamination method cycle time(s)
- Total decontamination throughput in 24 hours (volume estimates are acceptable)
- Efficacy data on the decontamination (removal or neutralization) of chemical hazards, biological hazards, and/or simulants
- Mitigation technology(ies) and Material Safety Data Sheets (if applicable)
- Description of system/technology scalability if applicable
- Storage/shipping configuration
- Total weight and cubic size of proposed item’s shipping configuration(s)
- Dimensions of system in operational configuration
- Shipping or transportation restrictions or limitations
- Equipment list and user manual/instructions
- Any specialized tools required to operate or set-up system
- Description of power requirements
- Description of required consumables, if applicable (ex. water)
- Manpower required to operate, set up and breakdown system and all associated procedures (to include number of personnel and equipment)
- Operating temperatures and/or environmental restrictions
- Manufacturer production capability, include maximum and minimum production rates by month
- Identify if the system is currently being used by commercial industry and/or government, provide names and/or examples of users
- Any data rights assertions/anticipated assertions
- Any factors that will significantly impact costs
- If there are any significant lead times for systems/materials
It is requested that vendors having systems or technologies believed to be suitable as described herein, submit electronic copies of any available product data sheets, related brochures, descriptions, price lists, technical/operator manual(s), test reports, associated Material Safety Data Sheets, or other documentation as available and deemed appropriate. There is a ten-page limit on submissions outside of any additional documents listed here.
This Sources Sought Announcement is issued solely for information and planning purposes and to identify interested sources. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION. No contract will be awarded from this announcement. This Sources Sought does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP in the future. It is subject to change and is not binding on the Government. Further, unsolicited proposals will not be accepted. Funding is not available at this time. The United States Army has not made a commitment to procure any of the items/services discussed, and release of this Sources Sought Announcement should not be construed as such a commitment or as authorization to incur cost for which reimbursement would be required or sought. Response to this Sources Sought Announcement is voluntary and no reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this and any follow-on information requests. All submissions become Government property and will not be returned.
Not responding to this Sources Sought Announcement does not preclude participation in any future RFP if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized in the beta SAM (beta.SAM.gov) website. It is the responsibility of the potential responders to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this subject.
Interested parties may identify their interest and capability by sending responses regarding this requirement to CCDC Soldier Center via e-mail ONLY firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than January 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Notice. All costs associated with responding to this Notice will be solely at the expense of the interested party.
Please provide business size (indicate your socioeconomic status), applicable NAICS code, and CAGE code. If you hold a GSA Federal Supply Schedule contract, please identify your contract number.
Any questions for clarification may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than January 8, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST. Verbal questions will NOT be accepted. Questions shall NOT contain proprietary or classified information. An unattributed list of questions and answers will be published at the same web location of this Sources Sought Announcement.
Contracting Office Address:
1 General Green Ave.
Natick, Massachusetts 01760-5011
*Amendment 0001 with questions/answers posted as an attachment*
- 10 GENERAL GREENE AVE
- NATICK , MA 01760-5011
- Greg Gudejko
- Mary Prebensen
- Jan 06, 2021 02:30 pm ESTSources Sought (Updated)
- Nov 24, 2020 12:42 pm EST Sources Sought (Original)
|Nov 24, 2020||[Sources Sought (Original)] Request for Information for Services Equipment Decontamination Systems (SEDS)|
|Jan 13, 2021||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Request for Information for Services Equipment Decontamination Systems (SEDS)|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.