Industry Day Announcement - Florida Army National Guard Physical Readiness and Enhancement Program
|Agency:||Department of the Army|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Feb 15, 2019|
|Due Date:||Feb 28, 2019|
Feb 15, 20192:23 pm
2. Background: The FLARNG sees an annual trend of approximately 10-11% (950 - 1050 Soldiers) Army Physical Fitness Testing (APFT) failures among its total population. FLARNG sees an annual trend of approximately 3-4% (285 - 380 Soldiers) Army Body-Composition, or Height/Weight failures among its total population. The FLARNG currently employs a 15-day Wellness Camp (fitness intervention strategy for Soldiers who struggle to meet minimum Army fitness/body-composition standards). The geographical dispersion of Florida creates a multitude of fitness-accountability challenges for the traditional Guard population. The new Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) will present challenges to all Soldiers, with new exercises and techniques. Those who struggle to pass the current APFT will certainly struggle to pass the upcoming ACFT. (https://www.army.mil/acft/)
The event is scheduled for 8:00AM - 11:00AM on Tuesday, 5 March 2019.
a. Provide an app-based fitness improvement protocol to Soldiers who struggle to meet minimum fitness/body-composition standards
b. App-based fitness protocol includes personal coaching, accountability, motivation and customized fitness and nutrition planning.
c. Contractor provides personal coaching (approximately 4 coaches) at FLARNG Wellness Camp semi-annually in Starke, FL.
d. FLARNG sees an annual reduction of 25% Army Physical Fitness Testing (APFT) failures among its total population.
e. FLARNG sees an annual reduction of 25% Army Body-Composition (Height/Weight) failures among its total population.
4. SPECIAL NOTE: This announcement is not a contract, a request for proposal, a promise to contract, or a commitment of any kind on the part of the Government. The information provided herein is subject to change and in no way binds the Government to solicit for or award a contract. The Government will not pay for any effort expended or any material provided in response to this announcement, nor will the Government return any data provided. All responses should indicate which portions of any materials provided are proprietary and should mark them accordingly. If a future solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the FBO website located at https://www.fbo.gov. It is the potential offertory's responsibility to monitor this site for the release of any follow-on information.
5. Registration: Pre-registration is REQUIRED. This is a no-fee event and is limited to two (2) individuals for each company as there is limited space available. Companies are required to e-mail Doug Divine at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 PM (EDT) on 28 February 2019, with the following pre-registration information: (1) Company Name, (2) Company size under the applicable NAICS codes (Small Business Administration business size classification), (3) CAGE Code, (4) a one page company profile, and (5) Name(s) of employees/representatives attending. Electronic responses shall be submitted in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel format, or Portable Document Format (PDF).
6. Location: Mark W. Lance Armory, 190 San Marco Ave., St. Augustine, FL 32084
7. A copy of the slide presentation is attached to this notice and should be used by potential attendees to begin developing questions and answers to be discussed during the event.
St. Augustine, Florida 32085-1008
|Feb 21, 2019||[Special Notice] Industry Day Announcement - Florida Army National Guard Physical Readiness and Enhancement Program|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.