Lab Size Table Top Cotton Gin With Accessories
|Agency:||AGRICULTURE, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 13, 2020|
|Due Date:||Sep 18, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) CENTRAL STANDARD TIME, CHICAGO, USA
- Original Published Date: Sep 12, 2020 10:40 pm CDT
- Original Date Offers Due: Sep 18, 2020 04:00 pm CDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after date offers due
- Original Inactive Date: Oct 03, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: 6640 - LABORATORY EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
- NAICS Code: 115111 - Cotton Ginning
Place of Performance:
Bushland , TX 79012USA
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and no other written solicitation will be issued. Solicitation 12805B20Q0218 is issued as a request for quotes. This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect at this current time.
The USDA ARS Plains Area Conservation and Production Research in Bushland, TX is requesting quotes for the following items. Please note a quantity of two items of each type are needed.
Performance Work Statement / Statement of Work:
Supply purchase of a portable cotton gin system. The cotton gin is a necessary for required research samples located at the Conservation and Production Research Laboratory (CPRL), 2300 Experiment Station Road, Bushland, Texas 79012.
- Background and Purpose: The USDA, Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS) requires the basic need for supply purchase of a portable cotton gin system. A cotton gin separates the lint from harvested lint, seed and debris so that lint quality can be accurately tested. The cotton gin is a necessary for required research samples located at the Conservation and Production Research Laboratory (CPRL), 2300 Experiment Station Road, Bushland, Texas 79012.
- USDA: Unites States Department of Agriculture
- ARS: Agricultural Research Service
- CPRL: Conservation and Production Research Laboratory
- SOW: Statement of Work
- Technical Requirements/Tasks:
Separate specifications are provided for the ginning unit, the stand and lint collection box to be used when ginning unit is on a stand rather than as a tabletop unit.
3.a Portable Lab Scale Gin
- Less than 200 pounds; designed to fit on a tabletop or stand
- 20 saw blades that are 5-6 inches in diameter
- Aluminum rib plate
- Horse-hair brushes
- Agitator roll
- Lint collection box with hinged table for easy access to ginned lint with a volume between 1 and 2 cubic feet
- Reverse feed intake hood/apparatus with plastic hinged top
- See-through panel so that completion of ginning process can be observed by operator
- Â½ HP single phase
- Operating at 120 volts, 60 Hz
- 120 volt brake motor
- Aluminum seed catch tray
- Aluminum trash collection drawer
- Metal components are mild steel and aluminum. Most metal components are powder coated with gloss white enamel.
Designed to meet all OSHA Safety Requirements including not limited to
- Pre-wired electrical controls including start/stop pushbuttons, safety switches, motor start and overload relays
- OSHA approved V-belt drive guards
- Electric brake motor and safety switches
- Guards are coated with OSHA safety yellow coloring
- Equipment is equipped with necessary safety labels written in English
3.b. Free standing support stand with seed box holder
1) Height of stand to be 30 to 36 inches above the floor
2) Made of heavy duty mild steel; all bolted construction
3.c. Lint collection box for use on stand
1) One cylindrical polycarbonate lint collection box assembly (12 inches diameter and 36 inches in height); supporting legs; bottom stand with 4-6 inch diameter intake nozzle; top air/dust hood with manual slide gate value with 6-8 inch diameter air discharge adaptor.
2) One 6 ich diameter x 10 foot long section of hose complete with quick fit ends and manual clamps
3) One 13 inch x 13 inch rectangular x 6 inch diameter brush box discharge transition with quick release clamps, safety switch and made of mild steel.
3.d. General Requirements
- All contract related items are tax exempt.
- Supply deliveries will not incur freight/fuel charges.
- Provide technician for set-up and instruction
Quantity Two - Lab Size Table Top Cotton Gin with 20 inch saw/accessories
Quantity Two - Table Top Gin Free Standing Support Stands
Quantity Two - Table Top Gin Remote Lint Collection Box
Quantity One - Technician Set-Up and Instruction
Provision 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, applies to this acquisition.
Provision 52.212.2 Applies. The government will award a LPTA contract resulting form this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government.
Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
Clause 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes ore Executive Orders-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
All requests for information regarding this solicitation must be submitted in writing via email to James Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1600 CDT on 9/18/2020. Quotes are due to James Porter via email at email@example.com. Offers are due by 09/18/2020 by 1600 CDT. Offerors must have a active registration in the System for Award Management at SAM.gov at the time of solicitation closing to be considered for this award. Offerors must return the following to be considered for this award:
1. Standard Form 18 - Request for Quote (Attached to Solicitation): Must fill out blocks lle (unit price), llf (amount), 12a-f, 14, 15, and 16a-c.
2. A description of the project on company letterhead.
Primary Point of Contact.: James Porter,
Contract Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of Contract Performance: USDA/ARS/Plains Area Bushland, TX 79012
- 2150 CENTRE AVENUE BLDG D, SUITE 300
- FORT COLLINS , CO 80526
- James Porter
- Phone Number 9792609491
- Sep 12, 2020 10:40 pm CDTCombined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.