Resource Surveys & Analysis
|Agency:||Department of the Navy|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 29, 2017|
|Due Date:||Oct 19, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Sep 28, 2017 1:40 pm
(1) INTRODUCTION AND PURPOSE: The purpose of this sources sought notice is to conduct market research to determine if responsible sources exist, to assist in determining if this effort can be solicited on a competitive basis and to gain market knowledge of potential sources and their size classifications relative to the North American Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) code 541330 for Engineering Services which has a corresponding size standard of $15 million. Responses to this sources sought synopsis will be utilized by the Government to determine the best acquisition strategy for this procurement and to make appropriate determinations about potential sources. No solicitation is currently available and as such this is not a request for proposal and in no way obligates the Government to award any contract. A decision to set aside all or part of this requirement is dependent upon a review of the information submitted in response to this sources sought. After review of the responses to this sources sought announcement a synopsis and/or solicitation announcement may be published.
(2) PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: This requirement is for technical, environmental, and encroachment services required for ongoing and new resource and survey analysis projects primarily conducted on the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Ranges at sites located at the China Lake Range (China Lake, CA), the Sea Range (Point Mugu, CA which includes the San Nicolas Island Test Facility, and the Atlantic Test Range (Patuxent River, MD).
(3) REQUIRED CAPABILITIES: The contractor shall conduct encroachment analysis; maintenance of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases; surveys, studies, or analyses to include terrestrial, aquatic/marine and riparian vegetation, and vertebrate and invertebrate species; historic, archaeological, anthropological and paleontological resources; geophysical and geochemical surveys of water resources; land use management studies and preparation of land and resource management plans; and environmental impact analysis and documentation. All work performed under this contract shall be defined and authorized by individual task orders.
The contractor shall comply with all relevant safety and security considerations required by the Navy or other specific safety and security requirements of a host DoD installation. The contractor shall comply with all relevant NAVAIR range access procedures.
Task Orders may include additional requirements for contractor qualifications to include Department of Interior Standards, Archaeological Resources Protection Act permit qualifications, or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service authorization for working with listed species. The type and frequency of work to be accomplished under this contract varies by discipline, and the level of effort varies from routine or recurrent actions to unplanned, emergent actions. As such, a core team including Senior Scientist (Biologist), GIS Administrator, Supervisory Archeologist, and Program Manager as team leader, shall be required to respond to emergent actions within 24 hours to ensure timely response to the need of NAVAIR. The personnel positions in the below table are Key Personnel positions with the exception of the GIS Technician. Minimum qualifications are as follows:
(4) PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Ranges at sites located at the China Lake Range (China Lake, CA), the Sea Range (Point Mugu, CA which includes the San Nicolas Island Test Facility), and the Atlantic Test Range (Patuxent River, MD). The services as described in this document may be required on an occasional basis at other DoD sites and lands of DoD interest as well as non-DoD lands.
(5) CONTRACT TYPE: The Government is considering a 5-year Cost Plus Fixed Fee, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (CPFF-IDIQ) single award contract on a full and open basis.
(6) SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
(7) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: N/A
(8) CONTRACTOR RESPONSE: Any firm believing it can fulfill the requirements identified above may submit a written response. The written response shall reference solicitation number N6893617R0049 and provide a capability statement that clearly indicates the firm's experience, background, and ability to perform the required work.
Contractor responses shall also include the following information:
a) A reference to the solicitation number N6893617R0049 and brief title of this announcement;
Questions and comments are highly encouraged.
An opportunity for a site visit will be offered after the solicitation is issued. 0 Yes 1 No
*NAWCWD intends to hold a presolicitation conference in conjunction with the California Contracting/Acquisition/Procurement (CCAP) Industry Days Expo in Ridgecrest, CA on either November 1, 2017 or November 2, 2017. More detailed information regarding this event will be posted to FEDBIZOPPS no later than October 23, 2017, including a draft solicitation for this procurement.
Vendors should appropriately mark any data that is proprietary or has restricted data rights.
Responses shall be submitted by e-mail to the point(s) of contact listed below no later than the response date listed within this notice.
All responsible sources must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database at the following website: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
Contractors must be certified through Defense Logistics Information Services (DLIS) in order to access Controlled Unclassified Information within FBO. See the DLIS website for registration details: http://www.dlis.dla.mil/jcp/.
Contracting Office Address :
429 E. Bowen Rd. Stop 4015 - CL
575 "I" Ave, Bldg 36, Ste 1116 - PM
China Lake/Pt Mugu, California 93555-6108
Primary Point of Contact. :
Christopher N. Bigelow,
Phone: (760) 939-2530
Fax: (760) 939-8107
Secondary Point of Contact :
Mary K Jacobs,
Procuring Contracting Officer
Phone: (760) 939-6043
Fax: (760) 939-8107
|Oct 30, 2017||[Special Notice] Resources & Survey Analysis|
|Jan 31, 2018||[Special Notice] Resources & Survey Analysis|
|Feb 7, 2018||[Presolicitation] Resource Surveys & Analysis|
|May 8, 2018||[Solicitation] NAVAIR Resource Surveys & Analysis|
|May 31, 2018||[Solicitation] NAVAIR Resource Surveys & Analysis|
|Oct 30, 2018||[Award] NAVAIR Resource Surveys & Analysis|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?