H--Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services
|Agency:||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Feb 5, 2019|
|Due Date:||Feb 15, 2019|
Feb 05, 201912:53 pm
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Feb 05, 2019 12:53 pm1. Introduction:
A. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
B. This solicitation is a Total Small Business Set-Aside. The applicable NAICS code is 541350 and the Small Business Size Standard is $7,500,000.
C. This solicitation incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-101. The full text of the provisions and clauses can be obtained from the following websites: http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html and http://www.va.gov/oal/library/vaar/. 2. Responding to this solicitation. Offeror must submit its quote via email to James.Whisner@va.gov. Offeror must provide the following information with its quote:
A. Information that proves the Offeror meets the professional qualifications standard for Medical Gas Systems personnel for ASSE 6030: Medical Gas Systems Verifier;
B. Information that proves the Offeror has at least 4 years experience performing medical gas systems inspection services for the Veterans Health Administration or other healthcare facilities;
C. Unit prices for CLINs 0001, 1001, 2001, 3001, and 4001 (see below for CLIN descriptions); and
D. Offeror must send the Past Performance Questionnaire (PPQ) that s attached to this notice to its references and ensure that the references submit a completed PPQ to James.Whisner@va.gov by the closing date and time of the solicitation. The first 3 completed PPQs received will be used for evaluation purposes and all other additional questionnaires received for the same Offeror will be discarded without consideration; likewise, questionnaires received after the solicitation closing date will be discarded without consideration.
3. Date & time quotes are due: February 15, 2019 at 11:00 AM EST.
4. Evaluation-Commercial Items. The Government intends to award a firm-fixed price contract to the responsible Offeror that is (1) technically acceptable in regards to having ASSE 6030 certification and at least 4 years experience performing med gas systems inspection services, (2) has satisfactory past performance record, and (3) submits the lowest-price quote. Trade-offs will not be considered. The Government will evaluate quotes for award purposes by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. The Government may determine that a quote is unacceptable if the option prices are significantly unbalanced. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the option(s).
5. Description of Work:
A. The Contractor will provide all resources necessary to perform inspection and field testing services on all medical gas outlets, alarms and source equipment at the Washington DC VA Medical Center. The inspection and testing services shall be performed in accordance with the guidelines of NFPA 99 Medical Gas Requirements for Health Care Facilities. The systems to be inspected include the medical and dental air & vacuum systems, oxygen systems, nitrous oxide systems, and nitrogen systems. See the accompanying statement of work attachment for more details regarding the requirements.
B. Contract Line Item Numbers, quantities, unit of measure:
-CLIN 0001, Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services for the Washington DC VAMC, 1 JOB, Base Period, Period of Performance 3-1-2019 to 2-29-2020;
-CLIN 1001, Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services for the Washington DC VAMC, 1 JOB, Option Period 1, Period of Performance 3-1-2020 to 2-28-2021;
-CLIN 2001, Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services for the Washington DC VAMC, 1 JOB, Option Period 2, Period of Performance 3-1-2021 to 2-29-2022;
-CLIN 3001, Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services for the Washington DC VAMC, 1 JOB, Option Period 3, Period of Performance 3-1-2022 to 2-29-2023; and
-CLIN 4001, Medical Gas Systems Inspection Services for the Washington DC VAMC, 1 JOB, Option Period 4, Period of Performance 3-1-2023 to 2-29-2024.
6. The provision at 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial, applies to this acquisition, including the following addenda:
A. 52.204-7 System for Award Management (OCT 2018);
B. 52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (JUL 2016); and
C. 852.270-1 Representatives of Contracting Officers (JAN 2008).
7. Offeror Representations and Certifications. Offeror must include a completed copy of the provision at 52.212-3. The Offeror shall complete only paragraph (b) of this provision if the Offeror has completed the annual representations and certification electronically in the System for Award Management (SAM) accessed through https://www.sam.gov. If the Offeror has not completed the annual representations and certifications electronically, the Offeror shall complete only paragraphs (c) through (u) of this provision.
8. The clause at 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition, including the following addenda:
A. 52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (OCT 2018);
B. 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (JUL 2016);
C. 52.217-9 Option to Extend the Term of the Contract (MAR 2000). Paragraph (a) fill-in information: 30 days of contract expiration; 60 days. Paragraph (c) fill-in information: 5 years;
D. 52.232-40 Providing Accelerated Payments to Small Business Subcontractors (DEC 2013);
E. 852.203-70 Commercial Advertising (MAY 2008);
F. 852.232-72 Electronic Submission of Payment Requests (NOV 2018); and
G. 852.237-70 Contractor Responsibilities (APR 1984). Paragraph (a) fill-in information: District of Columbia.
9. The clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition, including the additional FAR clauses cited in the clause:
A. 52.219-6, Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside (NOV 2011);
B. 52.219-28, Post Award Small Business Program Rerepresentation (Jul 2013);
C. 52.222-3, Convict Labor (JUNE 2003);
D. 52.222-21, Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (APR 2015);
E. 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity (SEPT 2016);
F. 52.222-50, Combating Trafficking in Persons (MAR 2015);
G. 52.225-13, Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases (JUNE 2008);
H. 52.232-33, Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer System for Award Management (OCT 2018);
I. 52.222-41, Service Contract Labor Standards (AUG 2018);
J. Statement of Equivalent Rates for Federal Hires (MAY 2014); Pipefitter, WG-10 Step 2: $28.78 per hour;
K. 52.222-43, Fair Labor Standards Act and Service Contract Labor Standards--Price Adjustment (Multiple Year and Option Contracts) (AUG 2018);
L. 52.222-55, Minimum Wages Under Executive Order 13658 (DEC 2015); and
M. 52.222-62, Paid Sick Leave Under Executive Order 13706 (JAN 2017).
10. The Service Contract Labor Standards apply to this contract and the Department of Labor s Wage Determination is provided as an attachment to this notice; it specifies the minimum wages and fringe benefits for workers performing on or in connection with the contract.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
February 5, 2019
Description: 36C24519Q0126 36C24519Q0126.docx
Description: 36C24519Q0126 P09 Med Gas Inspection Services Work Statement.docx
Description: 36C24519Q0126 Past Performance Questionnaire.docx
Description: 36C24519Q0126 Wage Determination No. 2015-4281 Revision No. 12.pdf
Contracting Office Address :
Department of Veterans Affairs;Network Contracting Office 5;513 Rosebud Plaza;Clarksburg WV 26301
Point of Contact(s) :
James A Whisner
Attachment36C24519Q0126 P09 Me...36C24519Q0126 Past P...36C24519Q0126 Wage D...
Feb 05, 201936C24519Q0126 36C245...
36C24519Q0126 P09 Med Gas Inspection Services Work Statement.docx
36C24519Q0126 Past Performance Questionnaire.docx
36C24519Q0126 Wage Determination No. 2015-4281 Revision No. 12.pdf
February 5, 2019
February 15, 2019
Automatic, on specified date
April 16, 2019
Original Set Aside:
Total Small Business
H -- Quality control, testing & inspection services
541 -- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services/541350 -- Building Inspection Services
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.