DataMiner Software Support Services
|Agency:||Broadcasting Board of Governors|
|State:||District of Columbia|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 5, 2017|
|Due Date:||Sep 29, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
J&A Statutory Authority :
FAR 6.302-1 - Only one responsible source (except brand name)
Contract Award Date :
September 28, 2017
Contract Award Number :
Added: Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pmThis posting constitutes the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) notice of intent to award a sole source contract as required under FAR 5.2 Synopses of Proposed Contract Actions.
BBG intends to award a sole source firm fixed price contract under authority of FAR 13.106-1 Soliciting from a single source for DataMiner Software Support Services.
BBG will negotiate on a sole source basis with Skyline Communications, 2853 Executive Park Drive, Westin, Florida 33331 for DataMinor Engineering and Advisory services for DataMinor software applications and all associated modules, interfaces, custom development, and Skyline Communications does not allow any other provider to work with or provide support to DataMinor software. This services has a North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code of 541618 - Other Management Consulting Services. Size standard of $15 Million.
This is not a solicitation or request for quotes. This notice if for information purposes only. This is not a request for competitive quotes, however Contractors all responsible sources may submit a quotation which shall be considered by the agency, within 15 days after the date of the publication of this Notice. The quote shall be sufficient enough in detail for BBG to make an evaluation of acceptability without any additional submissions.
A determination by the Government not to compete this requirement based on responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. All questions and responses to this announcement shall be directed in wiring to Lanette Barnes, email@example.com.
Added: Oct 05, 2017 1:35 pm
JUSTIFICATION FOR OTHER THAN FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION
1. Agency: Broadcasting Board of Governors, Office of Contracting.
2. Description of Action Being Approved: This action will result in the issuance of a new firm fixed price contract.
3. Description of Product or Services Required to Meet the Agencys Need: Skyline Communications, Inc. DataMiner Software Support Services. The estimated value is $92,300.00.
4. Identification of the Statutory Authority Permitting Other Than Full and Open Competition: This acquisition is being conducted under the authority of Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 13.501(a)(ii) and 41 U.S.C. 1901.
5. Nature of the Acquisition Requiring Use of the Authority Cited: This requirement is to procure a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the DataMiner application currently in use at the Voice of America (VOA) located at 330 Independence Avenue, Washington, DC. A Notice of Intent to award a sole source contract was posted to Fedbizopps on September 19, 2017. No responses were received. Award was made to the only provider, Skyline Communications, of DataMiner sales, updates and technical support services.
6. Fulfilling the Requirement for Full and Open Competition : T he Office of Engineering and Technical Services searched the Federal Supply Schedules for a solution that will meet its needs and solve its problems of compatibility and reliability.
7. Contracting Officers Fair and Reasonable Determination:
Orders issued under this sole source justification represent the best value to the Broadcasting Board of Governors as the agreed to prices will be based upon competitive quotes received from authorized resellers of the brand in a competitive environment. Therefore the price paid is fair and reasonable and represent the best value and lowest overall cost to the Government.
8. A Description of the Market Research Conducted: The Office of Engineering and Technical Services has performed market research to find a solution that will meet its needs. It performed internet searches as well as GSA Advantage, the System for Award Management (SAM), previous purchases of similar acquisitions, phone calls, company catalogues. The result was that Skyline Communications is the only provider of DataMiner sales, updates and technical support services .
9. Any Other Facts Supporting the Use of Other Than Full and Open Competition: The nature of the proposed acquisition requires use of the sole source authority cited because of the Agencys need to maintain a high level of compatibility and interoperability with the existing equipment. The material and/or service must be compatible in all aspects (form, fit and function) with existing systems presently installed. The current equipment is manufactured by Skyline Communications and any new items/services must coordinate, connect or interface with the existing system in order to maintain high efficiency and standardization.
10. A Listing of the Sources, if any, That Expressed, In Writing, an Interest in the Acquisition: None.
11. Statement of Actions, if any, To Remove Barriers to Competition in the Future:
The Broadcasting Board of Governors will make efforts to obtain competition by soliciting offers from as many potential sources as is practicable under the circumstances. BBG plans to publish a synopsis of this requirement in FedBizOps to survey the market place to discover the capability of industry to meet its needs prior to the expiration of the proposed contract in order to ensure that this requirement will be open to other potential sources in the future.
Contracting Office Address :
330 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, District of Columbia 20237
Place of Performance :
330 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, District of Columbia 20237
Primary Point of Contact. :
Lanette M. Barnes,
Secondary Point of Contact :
Andrei G. Howze,
Senior Contract Specialist
|Sep 19, 2017||[Presolicitation] DataMiner Software Support Services|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?