(UP TO 5) CUMMINS BUS ENGINES PURCHASED & INSTALLED
|Agency:||State Government of North Carolina|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jun 11, 2019|
|Due Date:||Jun 21, 2019|
|Bid Number||Description||Date Issued||Bid Opening Date||Bid Opening Time||Help|
|251-20-057||(UP TO 5) CUMMINS BUS ENGINES PURCHASED & INSTALLED||6/11/2019||6/21/2019||03:00 PM ET||251-|
BID No. 251-20-057
WAKE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL
Refer ALL Inquiries to: BRIAN A. MARTIN
(See page 2 for mailing instructions.)
INVITATION FOR BIDS NO. 251-20-057
Bids will be publicly opened: JUNE 21, 2019
Contract Type: OPEN MARKET
Commodity: CUMMINS OEM REMANUFACTURED
SCHOOL BUS ENGINES
Using Agency Name: WCPSS TRANSPORTATION
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids, subject to the conditions made a part hereof, will be received at this office (1551 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh,
NC) until 3:00 PM ET on the day of opening and then opened, for furnishing and delivering the commodity as described
herein. Refer to page 2 for proper mailing instructions.
Bids submitted via facsimile (FAX) machine in response to this Invitation for Bids will not be acceptable. Bids are subject
to rejection unless submitted on this form.
In compliance with this Invitation for Bids, and subject to all the conditions herein, the undersigned offers and agrees to
furnish and deliver any or all items upon which prices are bid, at the prices set opposite each item within the time specified
herein. By executing this bid, I certify that this bid is submitted competitively and without collusion (G.S. 143-54), that
none of our officers, directors, or owners of an unincorporated business entity has been convicted of any violations of
Chapter 78A of the General Statutes, the Securities Act of 1933, or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (G.S. 143-59.2),
and that we are not an ineligible vendor as set forth in G.S. 143-59.1. False certification is a Class I felony.
Failure to execute/sign bid prior to submittal shall render bid invalid. Late bids are not acceptable.
FEDERAL ID OR SOCIAL SECURITY NO.
CITY & STATE & ZIP:
PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS ADDRESS IF DIFFERENT FROM ABOVE
TELEPHONE NUMBER: TOLL FREE TEL. NO
TYPE OR PRINT NAME & TITLE OF PERSON SIGNING:
Offer valid for 45 days from date of bid opening unless otherwise stated here: ____ days Prompt Payment Discount:
_______ % __________________ days.
In an effort to support the sustainability efforts of the State of North Carolina we solicit your cooperation in this effort.
It is desirable that all responses meet the following requirements:
• All copies are printed double sided.
• All submittals and copies are printed on recycled paper with a minimum post-consumer content of 30% and
indicate this information accordingly on the response.
• Unless absolutely necessary, all bids and copies should minimize or eliminate use of non-recyclable or non re-
usable materials such as plastic report covers, plastic dividers, vinyl sleeves, and GBC binding. Three-ringed
binders, glued materials, paper clips, and staples are acceptable.
• Materials should be submitted in a format which allows for easy removal and recycling of paper materials.
BID No. 251-20-057
MAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Mail only one fully executed bid document, unless otherwise instructed, and only one bid per
envelope. Address envelope and include bid number as shown below. It is the responsibility of the bidder to have the bid
in this office by the specified time and date of opening.
BID NO. 251-20-057
Wake County Public School System
Purchasing Department, Building F
1551 Rock Quarry Road
Raleigh NC 27610-4145
TABULATIONS: Verbal tabulations of open market bids and award information can be obtained by calling the purchaser
listed on the first page of this document. Tabulations will be available upon request no earlier than 9:00 a.m. on the first
working day following the date of opening. Requests for lengthy or written tabulations cannot be honored.
TRANSPORTATION CHARGES: “FOB Raleigh, North Carolina with all transportation charges prepaid and
included in the bid price.”
PURCHASE & INSTALL UP TO
FIVE (5) CUMMINS OEM
REMANUFACTURED SCHOOL BUS
ENGINES TO REPOWER 2007
INTERNATIONAL VT365 BUSES
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT OF ALL ITEMS QUOTED ABOVE
BID No. 251-20-057
MUST MEET 2007 EMISSIONS STANDARDS
MUST BE CUMMINS REPOWER PACKAGE ENGINES
WARRANTY: 5 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WITH UNLIMITED MILES
VENDOR BUSINESS MUST BE WITHIN A 95-MILE RADIUS OF RALEIGH, NC
WORK SHOULD BE COMPLETED WITHIN 5 WEEKS OF VENDOR NOTIFICATION
INCLUDE SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH BID
PRICING VALID THROUGH 6/30/20
QUANTITY IS ESTIMATED BUT WILL NOT EXCEED FIVE (5) ENGINES
PURCHASED & INSTALLED
QUOTED PRICE MUST INCLUDE ALL CHARGES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF
SALES TAX, WHICH WILL BE ADDED TO THE PURCHASE ORDER
BID No. 251-20-057
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. READ, REVIEW AND COMPLY: It shall be the bidder’s responsibility to read this entire document, review all enclosures and
attachments, and comply with all requirements specified herein.
2. NOTICE TO BIDDERS: All bids are subject to the provisions of special terms and conditions specific to this Invitation for Bids, the
specifications. Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) objects to and will not evaluate or consider any additional terms and
conditions submitted with a bidder response. This applies to any language appearing in or attached to the document as part of the
bidder’s response. DO NOT ATTACH ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
By execution and delivery of this document, the bidder agrees that any additional terms and conditions, whether submitted
purposely or inadvertently, shall have no force or effect.
• BIDDER: Company, firm, corporation, partnership, individual, etc., submitting a response to an Invitation for Bids.
• TERM CONTRACT: A contract generally intended to cover all normal requirements for a commodity for a specified period of
time based on estimated quantities only.
• OPEN MARKET CONTRACT: A contract for the purchase of a commodity not covered by a term contract.
4. EXECUTION: Failure to sign under EXECUTION section will render bid invalid.
5. ORDER OF PRECEDENCE: In cases of conflict between specific provisions in this bid, the order of precedence shall be (1)
special terms and conditions specific to this bid, (2) specifications, and (3) Instructions to Bidders.
6. TIME FOR CONSIDERATION: Unless otherwise indicated on the first page of this document, bidder’s offer shall be valid for 45
days from the date of bid opening. Preference may be given to bids allowing not less than 45 days for consideration and
7. SPECIFICATIONS: Any deviation from specifications indicated herein must be clearly pointed out; otherwise, it will be considered
that items offered are in strict compliance with these specifications, and bidder will be held responsible therefore. Deviations shall
be explained in detail. The bidder shall not construe this paragraph as inviting deviation or implying that any deviation will
8. INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTIVE LITERATURE: Bidder is to furnish all information requested and in the spaces provided in
this document. Further, if required elsewhere in this bid, each bidder must submit with their bid sketches, descriptive literature
and/or complete specifications covering the products offered. Reference to literature submitted with a previous bid will not satisfy
this provision. Bids which do not comply with these requirements will be subject to rejection.
9. RECYCLING AND SOURCE REDUCTION: It is the policy of WCPSS to encourage and promote the purchase of products with
recycled content to the extent economically practicable, and to purchase items which are reusable, refillable, repairable, more
durable, and less toxic to the extent that the purchase or use is practicable and cost-effective.
We also encourage and promote using minimal packaging and the use of recycled/recyclable products in the packaging of
commodities purchased. However, no sacrifice in quality of packaging will be acceptable. The company remains responsible for
providing packaging that will protect the commodity and contain it for its intended use.
Companies are strongly urged to bring to the attention of WCPSS which issued the solicitation document, those products or
packaging they offer which have recycled content and that are recyclable.
10. CLARIFICATIONS/INTERPRETATIONS: Any and all questions regarding this document must be addressed to the purchaser
named on the cover sheet of this document. Do not contact the school or department directly. Any and all revisions to this
document shall be made only by written addendum from WCPSS Purchasing Department. The bidder is cautioned that the
requirements of this bid can be altered only by written addendum and that verbal communications from whatever source are of no
11. ACCEPTANCE AND REJECTION: WCPSS reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive any informality in bids and,
unless otherwise specified by the bidder, to accept any item in the bid. If either a unit price or extended price is obviously in error
and the other is obviously correct, the incorrect price will be disregarded.
12. REFERENCES: WCPSS reserves the right to require a list of users of the exact item offered. WCPSS may contact these users to
determine acceptability of the bid. Such information may be considered in the evaluation of the bid.
13. AWARD OF CONTRACT: As directed by statute, qualified bids will be evaluated and acceptance may be made of the lowest and
best bid most advantageous to WCPSS as determined upon consideration of such factors as: prices offered; the quality of the
articles offered; the general reputation and performance capabilities of the bidders; the substantial conformity with the
specifications and other conditions set forth in the bid; the suitability of the articles for the intended use; the related services
needed; the date or dates of delivery and performance; and such other factors deemed by WCPSS to be pertinent or peculiar to
the purchase in question. Unless otherwise specified by WCPSS or the bidder, WCPSS reserves the right to accept any item or
group of items on a multi-item bid. WCPSS also reserves the right to reject any and all bids. In addition, on TERM CONTRACTS,
WCPSS reserves the right to make partial, progressive or multiple awards: where it is advantageous to award separately by items;
BID No. 251-20-057
or where more than one supplier is needed to provide the contemplated requirements as to quantity, quality, delivery, service,
geographical areas; other factors deemed by WCPSS to be pertinent or peculiar to the purchase in question.
14. HISTORICALLY UNDERUTILIZED BUSINESSES: Pursuant to General Statute 143-48 and Executive Order #150, WCPSS
invites and encourages participation in this procurement process by businesses owned by minorities, women, disabled, disabled
business enterprises and non-profit work centers for the blind and severely disabled.
15. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: As provided by statute and rule, WCPSS will consider keeping trade secrets which the bidder
does not wish disclosed confidential. Each page shall be identified in boldface at the top and bottom as “CONFIDENTIAL” by the
bidder. Cost information shall not be deemed confidential. In spite of what is labeled as a trade secret, the determination whether
it is or not will be determined by North Carolina law.
16. SAMPLES: Sample of items, when required, must be furnished as stipulated herein, free of expense, and if not destroyed will,
upon request be returned at the bidder’s expense. Request for the return of samples must be made within 10 days following date
of bid opening. Otherwise the samples will become WCPSS property. Each individual sample must be labeled with the bidder’s
name, bid number, and item number. A sample on which an award is made, will be retained until the contract is completed, and
then returned, if requested, as specified above.
17. AWARD PROCEDURES: Contract award notice shall be posted on WCPSS website. Contract award notices are sent only to
those actually awarded contracts, and not to every person or firm responding to this solicitation.
18. RECIPROCAL PREFERENCE: G.S. 143-59 establishes a reciprocal preference law to discourage other states from applying in-
state preferences against North Carolina’s resident bidders. The “Principal Place of Business” is defined as the principal place
from which the trade or business of the bidder is directed or managed.
19. DEFAULT AND PERFORMANCE BOND: In case of default by the contractor, WCPSS may procure the articles or services from
other sources and hold the contractor responsible for any excess cost occasioned thereby. WCPSS reserves the right to require
performance bond or other acceptable alternative guarantees from successful bidder without expense to WCPSS.
20. GOVERNMENTAL RESTRICTIONS: In the event any Governmental restrictions are imposed which necessitate alteration of the
material, quality, workmanship or performance of the items offered prior to their delivery, it shall be the responsibility of the
contractor to notify in writing WCPSS, indicating the specific regulation which required such alterations. WCPSS reserves the right
to accept any such alterations, including any price adjustments occasioned thereby, or to cancel the contract.
21. TAXES: Any applicable taxes shall be invoiced as a separate item.
G.S. 143-59.1 bars the WCPSS from entering into contracts with vendors if the vendor or its affiliates meet one of the conditions of
G. S. 105-164.8(b) and refuse to collect use tax on sales of tangible personal property to purchasers in North Carolina. Conditions
under G. S. 105-164.8(b) include: (1) Maintenance of a retail establishment or office, (2) Presence of representatives in the State
that solicit sales or transact business on behalf of the vendor and (3) Systematic exploitation of the market by media-assisted,
media-facilitated, or media-solicited means. By execution of the bid document the vendor certifies that it and all of its affiliates (if it
has affiliates) collect(s) the appropriate taxes.
22. SITUS: The place of this contract, its situs and forum, shall be Wake County, North Carolina, where all matters, whether sounding
in contract or tort, relating to its validity, construction, interpretation and enforcement shall be determined.
23. GOVERNING LAWS: This contract is made under and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State
of North Carolina.
24. INSPECTION AT CONTRACTOR’S SITE: WCPSS reserves the right to inspect, at a reasonable time, the equipment/item, plant
or other facilities of a prospective contractor prior to contract award, and during the contract term as necessary for WCPSS
determination that such equipment/item, plant or other facilities conform with the specifications/requirements and are adequate and
suitable for the proper and effective performance of the contract.
25. PAYMENT TERMS: Payment terms are Net not later than 30 days after receipt of correct invoice or acceptance of goods,
whichever is later. Payment may be made by procurement card and it shall be accepted by the contractor for payment if the
contractor accepts that card (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) from other customers.
26. CONDITION AND PACKAGING: Unless otherwise provided by special terms and conditions or specifications, it is understood
and agreed that any item offered or shipped has not been sold or used for any purpose and shall be in first class condition. All
containers/packaging shall be suitable for handling, storage or shipment.
27. STANDARDS: All manufactured items and/or fabricated assemblies subject to operation under pressure, operation by connection
to an electric source, or operation involving a connection to a manufactured, natural, or LP gas source shall be constructed and
approved in a manner acceptable to the appropriate state inspector which customarily requires the label or re-examination listing or
identification marking of the appropriate safety standard organization; such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for
pressure vessels; the Underwriters Laboratories and /or National Electrical Manufacturers’ Association for electrically operated
assemblies; or the American Gas Association for gas operated assemblies, where such approvals of listings have been established
for the type of device offered and furnished. Further, all items furnished shall meet all requirements of the Occupational Safety and
Health Act (OSHA), and state and federal requirements relating to clean air and water pollution.
This is the opportunity summary page. You are currently viewing an overview of this opportunity and a preview of the attached documentation. For more information, please visit the Publication URL Web page.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.