Code Enforcement Grass Cutting and Maintenance
|Agency:||State Government of North Carolina|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jun 26, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jul 1, 2020|
|Bid Number||Description||Date Issued||Bid Opening Date||Bid Opening Time||Help|
|314-RFP2020004||Code Enforcement Grass Cutting and Maintenance||6/26/2020||7/1/2020||10:00 AM ET||
CITY OF GOLDSBORO
INVITATION TO SUBMIT QUOTE
FY21 CODE ENFORCEMENT GRASS CUTTING MAINTENANCE
RFP # 2020-004
Informal bids will be received by the City of Goldsboro, North Carolina, in the Planning Department until 10 a.m.
on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 for the FY21 July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 Code Enforcement Grass Cutting and
Maintenance as specified herein below. Submitted bids must be addressed to:
City of Goldsboro Planning Department
RFP # 2020-004
P. O. Drawer A
200 North Center Street
Goldsboro, North Carolina 27533-9701
and must be submitted on required forms which may be obtained, upon request, from the Planning Department or
by calling 919-580-4333. When submitting a bid, the outside of the envelope must be marked “RFP # 2020-004:
2021 Code Enforcement Grass Cutting and Maintenance”. Although not required, bidders or their authorized
agents are invited to be present when the bids are opened and read in the Planning Department, 200 North Center
Street, Goldsboro, North Carolina, at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. The City reserves the right to reject any
and all bids at its sole discretion.
The Contractor will be responsible for the maintenance per the Code Enforcement list as assigned as well as other
areas as specified. The Contractor may not rely on regular service or a standard number of lots being required
by the City as this is seasonal work. Intermittent work based on Code Enforcement violations, budgeting and
scheduling will dictate how often and how many lots will be required to be cut during the grass-cutting season.
The following will be required for the Grass Cutting Property Maintenance as indicated below:
1. Upon receipt of list of properties to be cut (not City/County owned properties), must complete grass
cutting within 10 days;
2. Lots should be trimmed, clean of debris;
3. Contractor shall neatly trim (cut and/or using a weed-eater), along sidewalks, curbs, abutting fences. Trim
around poles, signs, park apparatus, tables and structures, etc. to a radius of three (3) feet.
4. Contractor shall collect and dispose of clippings. No grass clippings shall be placed or blown into the City’s
Drainage Culverts or in the streets.
Required grass cutting maintenance shall consist principally of:
1. Each area shall be clean cut to a height of two (2) inches using a mower of sufficient size, with due
consideration given to proven past performance of the equipment on similar work to complete the task.
2. The area will be cleared of litter and debris prior to any mowing and all cuttings and clippings disposed of
in a proper manner at the time maintenance is performed.
3. Ruts caused by the contractor’s equipment shall be filled at contractor’s expense.
4. No chemicals are to be used.
5. Limits of mowing are defined as the property lines.
A Proposal and Scope of Services may be obtained through the Planning Department, 200 North Center Street,
Goldsboro, North Carolina, between the hours of 8:00 a. m. and 5:00 p. m., Monday through Friday or by calling
Jennifer Collins, Planning Director
Publish Date: June 17, 2020
This is the opportunity summary page. You are currently viewing an overview of this opportunity and a preview of the attached documentation. For more information, please visit the Publication URL Web page.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?