SPU Drainage System Analysis Support Services: SPU RFP/Contract# 17-105-S
|Agency:||City of Seattle|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Oct 6, 2017|
|Due Date:||Nov 2, 2017|
CITY OF SEATTLE
NOTICE TO CONSULTANTS
Request for Proposals (RFP) for
SPU Drainage System Analysis Support Services
SPU RFP/Contract# 17-105-S
The City of Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is requesting proposals from qualified teams of consultants to develop a Drainage System Analysis (DSA). The DSA is part of SPUs planning effort that will provide a long-term, Integrated System Plan that directs investment in Seattles drainage and wastewater systems. The planning effort will be integrated across both systems, will emphasize engagement, and will focus on leveraging effective partnerships to meet Seattles infrastructure challenges and provide multiple benefits.
The primary focus of the DSA is to identify, assess, and prioritize drainage related problems and opportunities within eight Topic Areas. Descriptions in bold are those Topic Areas that require significant technical consultant support. Work associated with other Topic Areas is primarily updating and summarizing existing information for use in the Integrated System Plan. The Consultant will assist the SPU project manager in the overall management of the eight Topic Area teams, ensure consistent deliverable production for each Topic Area, provide technical support and review for all topic areas, and develop a technical memorandum documenting the work of each Topic Area team:
- Flooding: Update and prioritize inventory of flooding problems. Evaluate future conditions (climate change and development). Develop system performance targets and planning benchmarks. Characterize flooding related to sea level rise, wave inundation and extreme storm events.
- Water Quality & Flow Control (aquatic life). Update summaries of receiving water conditions. Summarize priority receiving waters and stormwater basins for structural retrofitting. Develop toolbox/crosswalk of water quality actions (tools); pollutants, land use, systems (e.g., drainage, combined sewer) targeted by tool: and links to receiving water impairments.
- Surfacing Groundwater. Update and summarize locations that present safety concerns.
- Landslide Mitigation. Summarize locations of large-scale landslide City priorities from 2000 study with minimal updates (i.e., remove any completed projects).
- Fish Passage Barriers. Update and summarize locations and priorities (from fish perspective) for addressing fish passage barriers on public and private property.
- Creek Floodplain Reconnection Opportunities. Update and summarize locations and physical suitability of creek floodplain reconnection opportunities.
- Aquatic Habitat Opportunities. Summarize locations of already identified shoreline habitat improvement projects and prioritized creek daylighting projects on public land.
- System Layout Challenges. Identify areas that lack a system to connect to and areas where the layout is problematic.
The estimated consultant contract is $1.8M. SPU is currently assessing its staff availability to perform a variety of the project tasks in this Request for Proposals. As a result, some tasks may require less or no consultant support. Contract development will be completed during Q1 2018. It is anticipated that all coordination, topic area tasks, and the regulatory summary will be completed by the end of 2018. The Executive Summary is expected to be completed by the end of Q1 2019.
Interested consultants are encouraged to review the RFP, background documents, and any RFP addenda online at https://www.ebidexchange.com/seattle . Note that you are required to complete a free registration to view, print or save documents posted on this website and to view contact information for other consultants who have downloaded documents from this website.
The deadline for submitting Proposals is 12:00 PM, Thursday, November 2, at the 50 th Floor, Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 Fifth Avenue, P.O. Box 34018, Seattle, WA 98104-4018.
A SPU Pre-Submittal Conference for prospective bidders will be held on Monday, October 16, in Conference Room SMT 4080 (40th Floor) of the Seattle Municipal Tower Building, 700 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Seattle Public Utilities will review the scope of work, consultant expectations, and answer questions from the prospective bidders. Time will be allocated for prospective bidders to network with each other and discuss teaming arrangements. Although attendance to this meeting is not mandatory, attendance is highly encouraged.
Any questions regarding this request shall be directed to Maura Donoghue, Contract Administrator & SPUs designated contact person, at https://www.ebidexchange.com/seattle .
The City of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selection of the Consultant is subject to applicable laws and ordinances regarding equal opportunity employment.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?