|Agency:||State Government of Virginia|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2019|
|Due Date:||Jun 3, 2019|
|Solicitation No:||IFB IFB 2988-1|
IFB IFB 2988-1
- Dumpster Services
- Status: Open
- Time Left:19 days
- Closing: 6/3/19 3:00 PM
- Issued: 5/14/19 6:00 AM
- Last Amended:
- Buyer:Eric Thornton
- Issued By:Roanoke City Public Schools
- Type:Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- Category:Non-Professional Services - Non-Technology
- Work Location: Roanoke, VA
- Web Address:https://rcps.info/
- Pre-Bid Conference: 5/21/19 10:00 AM Pre-Bid Conference
- Open Responses:6/3/19
- Description:The Roanoke City Public Schools (“RCPS” or “Division”) intends to retain a qualified firm to provide Dumpster Services for the School Division.
2988 IFB Dumpster Services Final.pdf IFB 2988 Dumpster Services 05/13/19 Attachment 1 - Regular School Year Schedule.pdf IFB 2988 Attachment 1 05/13/19 Attachment 2 - Summer School Schedule.pdf IFB 2988 Attachment 2 05/13/19 Attachment 3 - Dumpsters by Location.pdf IFB 2988 Attachment 3 05/13/19 Attachment 4 - Calendar 2019 2020.pdf IFB 2988 Attachment 4 05/13/19
|2988 IFB Dumpster Services Final.pdf||(293.55 KB)||IFB 2988 Dumpster Services||05/13/19||Solicitation|
|Attachment 1 - Regular School Year Schedule.pdf||(85.77 KB)||IFB 2988 Attachment 1||05/13/19||Solicitation|
|Attachment 2 - Summer School Schedule.pdf||(80.98 KB)||IFB 2988 Attachment 2||05/13/19||Solicitation|
|Attachment 3 - Dumpsters by Location.pdf||(81.11 KB)||IFB 2988 Attachment 3||05/13/19||Solicitation|
|Attachment 4 - Calendar 2019 2020.pdf||(371.86 KB)||IFB 2988 Attachment 4||05/13/19||Solicitation|
P. O. Box 13145 • Roanoke, VA 24031
(540) 853-1348 • Fax (540) 853-2836
May 14, 2019
INVITATION FOR BID
Notice is hereby given of the intention of the School Board for the City of Roanoke, Virginia, to contract for:
Vendors, who are not preregistered and wish to submit a Bid, should complete the "Vendor Application Form"
which is found at https://www.rcps.info/departments/administrative_departments/Purchasing_Department/ . click
on Forms, complete, and return to the Director of Purchasing with your Bid. Sealed Bids will be received in the
Purchasing Department (Terrace Level) for the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD, 40 Douglass Avenue, NW, Roanoke,
Delivery of Bid: It is the responsibility of the vendor to assure that its Bid is delivered to the place designated for
receipt of bids and by the time set for receipt of bids. No bids received after the time designated for receipt of Bids
will be considered. Bids must be in the hands of the officer or agent of the Owner whose duty it is to receive them
by the time specified. The officer or agent of the Owner whose duty it is to receive Bids will decide when the
specified time has arrived and will determine if the Bid was in their possession by that time.
For hand delivered Bids, sufficient time must be allowed for the building receptionist to contact the Purchasing
Department (Terrace Level). Receptionist will not be responsible for last minute arrivals or late Bids.
Due Date and Time: June 3, 2019 3:00 P.M.
Bids will be publically opened and read aloud June 3, 3:30 P.M. @ Roanoke City Public Schools Administration
Building located at 40 Douglass Ave NW, Roanoke, VA 24012.
In the event that School Board offices are closed due to inclement weather and/or emergency situations prior to or
at the time set aside for Bids, the published due date will default to the next open business day at the same time.
ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD
Director of Purchasing
Electronic Invitation to Bid/RFP Retrieval Instructions: Full copies of Requests for Proposals, Bids, and Addenda in
“pdf” format must be retrieved over the Internet at the following address:
https://www.rcps.info/departments/administrative_departments/Purchasing_Department/ . Click on Bids, RFP’s,
Awards, and Cancellations. To retrieve the Invitation to Bid or Request for Proposal, you will need to download
the Adobe Reader. You will only need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader program one time. Problems - If you
experience problems, Call 540-853-1348 or e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
THIS PUBLIC BODY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATIONS.
The Roanoke City Public Schools (“RCPS” or “Division”) intends to retain a qualified firm to provide
Dumpster Services for the School Division. This document establishes the services to be performed.
II. SCOPE OF SERVICE:
BID IS NOT VALID UNLESS BIDDER HAS INITIALED THE BLANK ON THE
RIGHT OF EACH SPECIFICATION TO INDICATE THE BID CONFORMS TO THAT
Dumpster service at thirty-four (34) separate school facilities as of July 1,
2019. Addresses are included in this bid packet.
Each location will have a minimum of one dumpster.
Schools may elect to use an extra dumpster for recyclable items.
Dumping schedules are included in this bid packet (Attachments 1 and 2).
Listing of dumpsters by location (Attachment 3) and RCPS Calendar for _________
school year 2019-20 (Attachment 4) are included in this bid packet.
Additional dumping may be required as needed and will be coordinated
through a telephone call to the serving firm by a representative of the
Roanoke City Schools, Office of School Plants. Additional dumping will be
paid for at the unit rate quoted. When an additional dump is necessary, the
serving firm will be notified by 3:00 p.m. on the day before the extra dump
No dumping can be made prior to 7:00 A.M. per a Roanoke City ordinance. _________
Payment for services will be arranged to satisfy monthly billings.
Contractor must possess a City License to operate a front-loading bulk
container collection service.
Roanoke City Public Schools will make the determination of when a
dumpster is declared unserviceable and the vendor will dispose of said
The contractor shall provide bodily injury and property damage liability
insurance no less than the following limits: Bodily Injury, $500,000 per
person or $1,000,000 per occurrence. Property Damage, $500,000 per
occurrence, $1,000,000 aggregate or $1,000,000 combined single limit.
The contractor shall provide the Roanoke City School Board with a
certificate of insurance for all employees, covering Worker's Compensation,
automobile liability, and public liability insurance.
Contractor may be required to relocate dumpsters at specified school
locations. Each case will be treated separately from the standpoint of
addressing added charges.
Dumpster requiring repair and/or replacement is to be reported to the
Roanoke City Public Schools, Maintenance and Operational Center,
telephone: (540) 853-2851.
Contractor will bid a net price per pick up from July 1, 2019 through June 30, _________
The following conditions will determine non-performance of contract and
will result in a penalty of the fee for such pick up being forfeited. The
contractor will be penalized the stated contract fee per container for such
1. Failure to provide dumping as required by established schedules.
2. Rendering damage to dumpsters out of neglect or careless dumping
3. Failure to place dumpsters in locations specified by the Administrators or
Building Managers of the facilities after dumping is completed.
4. Failure to completely clear dumpsters of contents.
5. Failure to follow special instructions issued by representatives (Item 3) of
6. Improper conduct on job site.
7. Failure to prepare and submit monthly bills for services rendered in
accordance with instructions issued by the Director of Purchasing may result
in delayed payments.
III. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BID:
1. The bidder expressly warrants that the price or prices quoted herein are not the result of an
agreement or understanding expressed or implied with any other bidder or bidders.
2. Municipalities are exempt from all direct Federal and State taxes.
3. The right is reserved to decide when a deviation from specifications is of sufficient consequence
when measured against the purpose for which the item will be purchased to justify including it for
consideration. The ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD shall be the sole and final judge.
4. Bid specifications may only be amended by written addenda. Oral communications with any bidder
by representatives of Roanoke City Public Schools are not to be considered in preparing a bid in
response to any invitation to bid, and only addenda signed by the Deputy Superintendent for
Operations shall be considered valid. A signed copy of all addenda shall be returned by bidder with
5. The right is reserved to cancel any contract and reject deliveries of any products not in accordance
with the specifications. The ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD shall be the sole and final judge.
6. Awards will be made to the lowest responsive bidder, provided service and quality are considered
to be equal to that offered by other bidders, but the right is reserved to make the award to other
than the low bidder when it is in the best interest of the Roanoke City Public Schools to do so. The
ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD will be the sole judge as to conditions affecting such interest.
Insofar as it is consistent with the best interests of the Roanoke City Public Schools and provided
quality, service, and cost are deemed equal in two or more suppliers, preference will be given in
the following order: Roanoke City firms, area firms, and then state and out-of-state firms. No
bidder will be given preference on the basis of race, national origin, sex, age, or creed. Right is
reserved to waive any and all informalities and to reject any or all bids.
7. Bids must be signed, sealed, and received at the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD, Purchasing Office,
40 Douglass Avenue, N.W., Roanoke, VA 24012, Roanoke City Public Schools’ Administration
Building with the Bid number, opening date, and bidder's name shown clearly on the face of the
envelope. BID PRICES MUST BE ENTERED ON THE "BID FORM" ENCLOSED WITH THE
SPECIFICATIONS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY INVALIDATE BID. Bids will
be opened publicly at the appointed hour, but officials reserve the right to take sufficient time
following bid opening to study the various bids and to make recommendations to the School Board.
Purchase orders will be written as promptly as possible after award.
8. Where articles or items of equipment or supplies are designated as manufactured by a specific
manufacturer, it is to be understood that the article as specified represents an accepted standard.
Where certain brands of materials, apparatus, or equipment are specified, such goods have been
selected in order to establish a standard for the particular service required, but it is not the
intention to exclude other comparable brands unless followed by the word "only".
9. Should the delivery of any part of an order be delayed beyond time specified, or beyond a
reasonable time if no time is specified, or should any portion of the products delivered fail to
comply with the attached specifications, the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD has the right to buy at
market price for immediate delivery, and any excess in cost of same over the price named herein is
to be paid by the contractor or deducted from any money due him thereafter.
10. The quantities required as stated on the attached Bid specification sheet(s) are expressly agreed to
be an estimate only and nothing herein or attached shall bind the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD
to purchase any specified amount of the product or services.
11. It shall be understood and agreed between parties to a resulting contract that the ROANOKE CITY
SCHOOL BOARD shall not be obligated to purchase or pay for any products covered by such
contract unless and until they are ordered and received by the buyer. Delivery of all items or
service covered under the purchase contract is a pre-condition of payment, and the ROANOKE CITY
SCHOOL BOARD shall have the option of withholding all payments due until the entire contract has
12. All samples specified in bid (if any) must be identified with bidder's name and bid item number and
delivered to the appropriate RCPS office prior to bid opening. Any samples that may be needed
after bid opening must be available for immediate delivery to the same RCPS office. All samples
are to be supplied at the bidder's expense.
13. No bid changes will be permitted after bid opening. The unit price will prevail in event an error is
made in computing totals.
14. Written request for withdrawal of a bid or any part thereof will be granted if such request is
received prior to specified time of bid opening. Unless otherwise specified, all bids shall be binding
for sixty (60) days following bid opening date.
15. Bidders failing to respond to three consecutive bids will be removed from our active bidder's list.
16. All resulting orders must be delivered as specified on the purchase order. All bid prices are to be
17. Any bidder desiring to offer comments or suggestions concerning the enclosed bid may do so five
(5) days before bid opening date in the Department of Purchasing for the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL
BOARD. However, the comments and suggestion shall not obligate the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL
BOARD to include the comments and suggestions in the bid documents or addenda.
18. The Roanoke City Public Schools reserves the right to negotiate a contract with the lowest
responsive bidder should the lowest responsive bid exceed available funding.
19. Any bidder may protest the award or decision to award a contract by submitting a written protest
to the Deputy Superintendent for Operations of the ROANOKE CITY SCHOOL BOARD no later than
ten (10) days after the award or the announcement of the decision to award whichever occurs first.
The written protest shall include the basis for the protest and the relief sought. (Section 2.2-4360,
Code of Virginia).
20. Employment discrimination by contract prohibited. -- All public bodies shall include in every
contract of over $10,000 the provisions in a., b. and c. herein:
21. During the performance of this contract, the contractor agrees as follows:
a. The bidder will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, religion, color, sex or national origin, except where religion, sex or
national origin is a bona fide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal
operation of the contractor. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available
to employees and applicants for employment, notices setting forth the provisions of this
This is the opportunity summary page. You are currently viewing an overview of this opportunity and a preview of the attached documentation. For more information, please visit the Publication URL Web page.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.