Region Passenger Transportation Study
|Agency:||American Planning Association|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Oct 3, 2017|
|Due Date:||Nov 13, 2017|
The purpose of the Passenger Transportation Study (PTS) is to provide a long term strategy for enhancing passenger transportation services in Northern Arizona and provide justification for federally funded public transportation projects in the Transportation Investment Plan (TIP). The plan will be developed over multiple phases as funding becomes available and will include a regional transit vision, an analysis of current and future passenger transportation needs, and recommendations to structure, fund and manage expansions/additions to the passenger transportation network. The PTS vision, strategies and projects, should be long-range, offer strategies for local implementation while encouraging regional connections, and encourage innovative collaboration amongst partners.
The Passenger Transportation Study is not intended to replace or override the vision of individual communities, but rather to promote regional cooperation on services, solutions and opportunities benefitting multiple jurisdictions.
The overall goals of the multi-phased Passenger Transportation Study are:
- Provide an overview of existing passenger transportation services and recent transit-related studies
- Define passenger transportation "need" and identify the most pressing needs in the region
- Develop a vision and strategies for meeting those passenger transportation needs
- Prioritize corridors for future service or service enhancements based on their potential to support improved transit
- Develop one or more service scenarios to improve mobility in priority corridors and establish service parameters for other areas as well
- Identify capital and operating costs for each service scenario
- Outline funding strategies to implement each transit service scenario
- Clarify NACOG's role in supporting and meeting regional transportation needs now and into the future
- Propose how advancements in existing and future transportation technologies can impact the provision of transportation services within and to/from rural communities
This RFP focuses on Phase 1 of the PTS, which will include a regional transit vision, an overview of previous transit studies, an analysis of current and future passenger transportation needs and the creation of a prioritized list of corridors and communities for future service. Phase 1 will provide the foundation for a future phase or phases of the plan, as recommended by the CONSULTANT and described in this RFP.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?