Recreation Center Roof Repairs
|Agency:||City of Fairhope|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jan 8, 2021|
|Due Date:||Jan 12, 2021|
Recreation Center Roof Repairs
- Department: Public Works, Purchasing, Building
- Category: Bid
- Start Date: 01/07/2021 3:18 PM
- Close Date: 01/12/2021 10:30 AM
CITY OF FAIRHOPE
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
The following Request for Quotation is related to damages caused by Hurricane Sally
(FEMA 4563) on or about September 15, 2020.
Recreation Center Roof Repairs - Volanta
Deadline to Submit:
Direct all Questions To:
January 5, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:30 a.m.
Dee Dee Brandt, Purchasing Manager
Submitted Quotes Should Include:
Completed Quote Response form
Other supporting documentation as requested
Deliver Quotes To:
Public Works Building
555 S. Section Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
Email Quotes To:
Dee Dee Brandt, Purchasing Manager
For emailed quotes, please reference the Recreation Center Roof Repairs – Volanta in the
SCOPE OF WORK AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Awarded Vendor to provide the following equipment per Specifications:
The City of Fairhope is requesting responses to repair and replace composite asphalt shingle
roofs on various buildings located at the Fairhope Recreation Center, 803 N. Greeno Road,
Fairhope, Alabama that were damaged during Hurricane Sally. The respondent shall submit a
lump sum price to completely repair and replace the roof to current code standards. The lump
sum price should include all material, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals to deliver a
complete “turnkey” replaced roof system.
Work shall include but not be limited to the following:
• Remove Existing Shingles and Felt to Decking
• Inspect, Remove and Replace any Bad Decking as needed
• Re-nail decking per code (See Attached)
• Install Deck Tape on Plywood Laps per code (wind and watershield)
• Install New Underlayment per code (wind and watershield)
• Install New eve/valley metal Trim Package
• Install new GAF Timberline 30-year shingles (or equivalent) – owner to select color
• Install new Ridge Vent, Ridge Cap, Wall Flashings and Pipe (vent) Boots
• Clean, Haul and Dispose of all job-related debris
• Provide Limited Lifetime Warranty on Shingles
• Provide 2-year workmanship warranty
• This project is not located in the City of Fairhope Fire District
• 15-day Notice to Proceed
• 21 Calendar Days allowed for work (no exceptions for holidays)
1. Contractor will be required to be Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. Documents will
be required at time of bid/quote acceptance and issuance of purchase order.
2. Work must be completed 21 calendar days from the end of "Notice to Proceed"
3. Enclosed scope of work, descriptions, quantities, etc. are "good faith" estimates
only. Prior to submitting quotations contractor should field measure and verify all
4. Quotes will be treated and considered as "lump sum" bids for all described work.
5. Only one pay request will be accepted and processed upon final acceptance of
6. Job quoted are subject to the GENERAL CONDITIONS, SPECIAL PROVISIONS
and SUPPLEMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS as attached.
Items quoted must comply with all specifications listed.
The Specifications are intended and provided solely as a general and non-exhaustive
expression of the intent and purpose of the City of Fairhope regarding this bid; said
specifications should be so considered by the bidders. The use of specific names is not
intended to restrict the bidder, or any seller, or manufacturer, but is solely for the purpose of
indicating the type, size and quality of materials, product services, or equipment best suited
for the City of Fairhope. Accordingly, the bidder admits and agrees that said specifications
are not complete in every detail and that the work and materials not indicated or expressly
mentioned in said specifications, but which are reasonably necessary for the full and faithful
performance of the item(s) bid in accordance with the full and faithful intent, will be included
in the bid and incorporated in the work by the bidder and at the bidder’s sole expense, the
same as if indicated and specified.
1. All work to be done in a neat and professional manner.
2. All applicable licenses, including a City of Fairhope business license, and necessary
permits to be acquired by CONTRACTOR. The permit fees for this project are waived
for the Contractor.
3. CONTRACTOR to provide all necessary services and materials unless stated otherwise
4. CONTRACTOR to comply with all applicable laws, codes, and regulations, including
safety, fire, health, environmental and insurance. CONTRACTOR will perform all work in
compliance with meeting or exceeding Manufacturer’s and industry standards.
5. CONTRACTOR to cleanup job site and remove all waste and non-salvageable
material in accordance with applicable laws, codes and regulations.
6. The CONTRACTOR will be responsible for all minor facilities and equipment
damages (e.g., paint, drywall, etc.) caused by the CONTRACTOR resulting from
negligence during the execution of this contract. This includes but is not limited to
damage too small to be covered by the CONTRACTOR’S insurance.
7. Written change proposals shall be provided to the project manager by the
CONTRACTOR for any requested modification to the plans, specifications or other
contract requirements. The proposal shall include add-on or deduct costs, if any.
The project manager will return an approved change order prior to any change
8. All salvageable material remains property of the City of Fairhope, and to be delivered by
CONTRACTOR to the City of Fairhope Warehouse, 555 South Section Street, Fairhope, Al.
9. The buildings requiring repair are:
1. Bathrooms at Stadium
2. Pavilion High School Baseball
3. Lift Station Behind Stadium Field House
4. Concession Stand Baseball
5. Pavilion Boys Baseball
6. Ball Deck Behind Backstop
7. Twin Story Bathroom Meeting Room
8. Dixie Boy Press Box
9. Ozone League Press Box
END OF SCOPE AND
4.0 INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Awarded Contractor, at its sole expense, shall obtain and maintain in full force the following insurance to
protect the Contractor and the City of Fairhope at limits and coverages specified herein. The City of
Fairhope will be listed as an additional insured under the Contractor’s General Liability insurance and
automobile liability insurance policies, and all other applicable policies and certificates of insurance. These
limits and coverages specified are the minimum to be maintained and are not intended to represent the
correct insurance needed to fully and adequately protect the awarded Bidder.
4.01 All insurance will be provided by insurers by admitted carriers in the State of Alabama, shall have a
minimum A.M. Best rating of A-VII and must be acceptable to the CITY. Self-insured plans and/or group
funds not having an A.M. Best rating must be submitted to the CITY for prior approval.
4.02 NO WORK IS TO BE PERFORMED UNTIL PROOF OF COMPLIANCE WITH THE INSURANCE
REQUIREMENTS HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE CITY.
4.03 Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability
Part One: Statutory Benefits as required by the State of Alabama
Part Two: Employer’s Liability
4.04 U.S. Longshoreman & Harbor Workers Act (USL&H)
Required if contract involves work near a navigable waterway that may be subject to the USL&H
4.05 Maritime Endorsement (Jones Act)
Endorsement required if contract involves the use of a Vessel. Or include coverage for “Master or
Member or Crew” under” Protection and Indemnity” coverage (P&I) unless crew is covered under
Bodily injury by accident
$1,000,000 each accident
Bodily injury by disease
4.06 Commercial General Liability
Coverage on an Occurrence from with a combined single limit of (Bodily Injury and Property
Damage combined as follows:
Personal and Advertising Injury
Products/Completed Operation Aggregate
Coverage to include:
Premises and operations
Personal injury and Advertising Injury
Blanket Contractual Liability
Explosion, Collapse and Underground hazards
Broad Form Property Damage
Railroad Protective Liability Insurance if work involves construction, demolition, or
maintenance operations on or within 50 feet of a railroad.
4.07 Automobile Liability
Covering all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles with a limit of no less than $1,000,000 combined
single limit of Bodily injury and property damage per occurrence.
4.08 Certificates of Insurance
A Certificate of Insurance evidencing the above minimum requirements must be provided to and
accepted by the CITY PRIOR to commencement of any work on the contract. Each policy shall be
endorsed to provide ten (10) days written notice of cancellation to the CITY.
4.08.1 The Contractor shall require certificates of insurance from sub-Contractors. Sub-Contractors will
carry limits of insurance equal to or greater than those carried by the Contractor. These certificates
shall evidence waivers of subrogation in favor of the Contractor and the CITY, and shall be made
available to the CITY upon request.
This is the opportunity summary page. You are currently viewing an overview of this opportunity and a preview of the attached documentation. For more information, please visit the Publication URL Web page.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.