Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assemblies (FPAs) for the Ocean Color Instrument (OCI)
|Agency:||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 1, 2017|
|Due Date:||Oct 30, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Sep 29, 2017 5:11 pmThe National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard Space Flight Center is seeking capability statements from all interested parties, including Small, Small Disadvantaged (SDB), 8(a), Woman-owned (WOSB), Veteran Owned (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SD-VOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) businesses, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)/Minority Institutions (MI) for the purposes of determining the appropriate level of competition and/or small business subcontracting goals for an Ocean Color Instrument (OCI) Flight Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assembly (FPA). The Government reserves the right to consider a Small, 8(a), Woman-owned (WOSB), Service Disabled Veteran (SD-VOSB), or HUBZone business set-aside based on responses hereto.
The Goddard Space Flight Center requirements include the following:
For additional information on the FPA see the attached OCI UVNIR FPA Statement of Work, and OCI FPA specification.
This RFI is to solicit specific capability information from industry and promote competition. For planning purposes, we are requesting that the responses to this RFI include the following information:
1) A requirement-by-requirement specification response to the OCI-FPA-SPEC-0048 Ocean Color Instrument (OCI) Flight Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assembly (FPA) Procurement Specification.
2) A brief description of the proposed technical solution, and its capabilities, key interfaces, compliance with the requirements (and/or enhanced capabilities), operations concept and heritage.
3) Identification of any deviations from the capabilities and performance requested and/or interface requirements that would allow the provision of an FPA at reduced cost, and associated cost reduction.
4) A brief description of company capabilities, applicable facilities, and experience designing, building, testing and qualifying spaceflight focal plane assemblies.
5) A brief description specifying compliance with the OCI-FPA-SOW-0018 Ocean Color Instrument (OCI) Flight Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assembly (FPA) Statement of Work (SOW).
6) Notional high-level schedule for instrument implementation through delivery to the project in relation to the delivery date requested in the
7) The approximate cost of a delivery of the FPA units as specified in the OCI-FPA-SOW-0018 Ocean Color Instrument (OCI) Flight Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assembly (FPA) Statement of Work (SOW). Costs should be in real year dollars. Include total cost and a cost breakdown to include:
8) Description of key technical, schedule, and price drivers and options to mitigate risks and/or reduce schedule.
9) Identification of any potential developmental risk items, parts or subsystems and a brief explanation as to how to mitigate that risk.
10) For this RFI, a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract type should be assumed. Please indicate if your company would consider a Firm Fixed Price contract for a potential future RFP.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 334511, Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical System and Instrument Manufacturing, with a size standard of 1,250 employees.
Estimated award date for this contract is March 2018. Estimated award amount is over $5,000,000.
No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Interested offerors/vendors having the required specialized capabilities to meet the above requirement should submit a capability statement indicating the ability to perform all aspects of the effort described herein.
Responses must include the following: name and address of firm, size of business; average annual revenue for past 3 years and number of employees; ownership; whether they are large, small, small disadvantaged, 8(a), Woman-owned, Veteran Owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Historically Underutilized Business Zone and Historically Black Colleges and Universities)/Minority Institutions; number of years in business; affiliate information: parent company, joint venture partners, potential teaming partners, prime contractor (if potential sub) or subcontractors (if potential prime); list of customers covering the past five years (highlight relevant work performed, contract numbers, contract type, dollar value of each procurement; and point of contact - address and phone number). Technical questions should be directed to:
Procurement related questions should be directed to:
This acquisition is not considered a commercial item. A commercial item is defined in FAR 2.101.
This synopsis is for information and planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation.
All responses shall be submitted via electronic transmission to Michael Levy and Brent Mott no later than October 30, 2017. Please reference RFI PACE OCI FPA in any response. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Contracting Office Address :
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771
Place of Performance :
At contractor facility
Primary Point of Contact. :
|Oct 11, 2017||[Sources Sought] Ultraviolet to Near Infrared (UVNIR) Focal Plane Assemblies (FPAs) for the Ocean Color Instrument (OCI)|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.