Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction
|Agency:||Department of the Army|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 30, 2017|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Sep 29, 2017 10:09 amPURPOSE: The Nashville District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) intends to issue an Invitation for Bid (IFB) solicitation to construct various site modifications, utility relocations, and selective demolition of existing structures located at Kentucky Lock and Dam in western Kentucky.
This is a Presolicitation Notice. This Notice is being issued for planning and informational purposes only. This notice is not a solicitation, nor is it to be construed as a commitment by the Government. The Government will not pay for any effort expended in responding to this notice, nor will the Government accept proposals as a result of this Notice. The plans and technical specifications for this requirement will only be available upon solicitation issuance.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: USACE Nashville District anticipates awarding one firm-fixed price construction contract as the result of a sealed bid solicitation. No solicitation document exists at this time. The anticipated solicitation release date is around October- November of 2017.
Major components of the anticipated Site, Demolition, and Utilities contract include:
2) Construction of two, approximately 4' minimum width utility bridges with spans of 110' and approximately 80'.
3) Relocation of approximately 5,000 linear feet of pressurized 2" diameter PVC sanitary sewer pipe with associated connections to the existing lock operations building and with insulation and a heat traced system for the segments of exposed pipe.
4) Construction of a new sanitary lift station and lift station electrical controls for the 2" relocated sanitary sewer pipe. This will be an open air lift station located on a concrete ledge of the existing lock wall. Wet tank shall have double walls and shall be provided with heat trace.
5) Relocation of an existing piping system. These new pipes will either be surfaced mounted to concrete and steel structures or will be located on the catwalk system.
6) Partial demolition of approximately 1,000 square feet of a single story, pre-cast concrete siding building and associated restoration of the building after demolition.
7) Demolition and new installation of approximately 1,000 LF of control cables for each of the 37 circuits associated with the operation of the lock. This will be a phased relocation effort from manhole to manhole with limited outage of circuits to minimize disruptions to the operation of the existing lock.
8) Demolition and new installation of approximately 1,200 LF of two 3-phase 15 kV shielded electrical power conductors (6 total).
9) Modifications to an abandoned two lane highway bridge to accommodate relocated utilities.
10) Construction of a Temporary Hazmat Storage Facility consisting of two 20 ft shipping containers, barge lid, heating & ventilation system, power requirements, and site preparation grading.
11) Relocation of approximately 5,000 LF of 8" ductile iron water main that will include insulation and heat tracing for its exposed segments
*The description above is not intended to be all encompassing and is subject to change.
NAICS CODE AND SBA SIZE STANDARD: The anticipated NAICS code is 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction, with a small business size standard of $36.5 million.
TYPE OF SET-ASIDE: The solicitation will be a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) set-aside.
SOLICITATION AND CONTRACT TYPE: It is anticipated that from the IFB Solicitation, the Government will award one Firm-Fixed Price Construction Contract to the company that provides the lowest priced bid who is found to be responsive and responsible.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The anticipated contract period is 365 calendar days after issuance of notice to proceed.
SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM): Bidders must be successfully registered in the SAM, www.sam.gov, in order to receive a Government contract award. Bidders must have their representations and certifications available on-line in SAM or provide them with their bid in order to receive a Government contract award.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Specific information pertaining to this procurement will be available in the solicitation. The solicitation documents will be posted on the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) website, www.fbo.gov. It is and will continue to be, the responsibility of all potential offerors to monitor the FBO website for any amendments, updates, responses to questions and answers, etc. as the Government will not be maintaining a mailing list.
POINT-OF-CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS: The Contract Specialist and alternate Contract Specialist for this solicitation is Jessica Baker telephone: 615-736-5640 and alternate Christopher Porter telephone:615-736-7685, fax: 615-736-7124, e-mail: Jessica.L.Baker@usace.army.mil and Christopher.R.Porter@usace.army.mil. Any communications regarding this procurement must be made in writing via e-mail or facsimile. It must identify the Solicitation number, company name, address, e-mail address, phone number including area code, facsimile number, and point of contact.
Contracting Office Address :
PO Box 1070
Nashville, Tennessee 37202-1070
Place of Performance :
Kentucky Lock and Dam in western Kentucky
Grand Rivers, Kentucky 42045
Primary Point of Contact. :
Jessica L. Baker,
Secondary Point of Contact :
Christopher R. Porter,
|Dec 5, 2017||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Dec 24, 2017||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Dec 26, 2017||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Jan 5, 2018||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Jan 8, 2018||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Jan 11, 2018||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Jan 16, 2018||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Jan 23, 2018||[Solicitation] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
|Feb 6, 2018||[Award] Kentucky Lock Site, Demolitions, and Utilities Construction|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?