Installation of Fiber Optic Line for Internet Service
|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jul 29, 2020|
|Due Date:||Aug 10, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) CENTRAL STANDARD TIME, CHICAGO, USA
- Original Published Date: Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm CDT
- Original Response Date: Aug 10, 2020 11:00 am CDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Original Inactive Date: Aug 25, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: N060 - INSTALLATION OF EQUIPMENT- FIBER OPTICS MATERIALS, COMPONENTS, ASSEMBLIES, AND ACCESSORIES
- NAICS Code: 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
Place of Performance:
Madison , WI 53704USA
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT. This is a sources sought synopsis only. The U.S. Government has a requirement to install a dedicated fiber optic line from existing off base infrastructure to the Communications building capable of providing internet service with symmetrical 500 Mbps or 1 GBPS symmetrical download/upload with static IPs available. See the attached Statement of Work for details.
Be advised that the U.S. Government will not be able to set aside this requirement if 2 or more small businesses do not respond with information to support a set-aside. We encourage all small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), to identify their capabilities in meeting the requirement at a fair market price.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes - it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on BETA.SAM.gov - Contracting Opportunities. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor Contracting Opportunities for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code(s) is 238210 – Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors, with a Small Business size standard of $16.5 million.
In response to this sources sought, the following information is requested:
1. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
2. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
3. The Government is contemplating whether to pursue 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps capability. Inputs are requested pertaining to price differentials or other factors that may need to be considered.
4. The Government is contemplating whether internet service should be included as a part of this requirement. Can the installation be fulfilled independently of the service? Once a line is installed, can any service be utilized, or is the line tied to an ISP?
5. Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
6. Is your company a GSA contract holder? If so, please provide the contract number.
7. Information to help determine if the requirement is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
8. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among small business concerns.
9. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
10. Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft of the Statement of Work.
Responses should be emailed to this POC listed on this announcement. The subject must include the notice ID.
This notice is to assist in determining the availability of capable sources via the commercial industry only. A solicitation is not currently available. If a solicitation is issued it will be announced at a later date, and all interested parties shall respond that solicitation announcement separately from the response to this announcement.
- KO FOR WIANG DO NOT DELETE 3110 MITCHELL ST BLDG 500
- MADISON , WI 53704-2591
- Scott Homner
- Phone Number 608-245-4757
- Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm CDTSources Sought (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.