DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) AND CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39)
|Agency:||Department of Homeland Security|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Feb 6, 2019|
|Due Date:||Feb 15, 2019|
Solicitation number 70Z08519RP4503600 is issued as a Request for Proposals. This Request for Proposal incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-101 effective 26 October 2019. This is a 100% total small business set-aside. The NAICS Code applicable to this procurement is 336611 with a size standard of 1250 employees for the requirement. The contract will be awarded on a firm-fixed-price basis. To receive an award, the Contractor must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE UNITED STATES COAST GUARD (USCG) TO ISSUE SOLICITATIONS AND MAKE CONTRACT AWARDS IN A FAIR AND TIMELY MANNER. THE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM FOR AGENCY PROTESTS (OPAP) WAS ESTABLISHED TO INVESTIGATE AGENCY PROTEST ISSUES AND RESOLVE THEM WITHOUT EXPENSIVE AND TIME- CONSUMING LITIGATION. OPAP IS AN INDEPENDENT REVIEWING AUTHORITY THAT IS EMPOWERED TO GRANT A PREVAILING PROTESTER ESSENTIALLY THE SAME RELIEF AS THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE (GAO).
INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SEEK RESOLUTION OF THEIR CONCERNS WITHIN THE USCG AS AN ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) FORUM RATHER THAN FILING A PROTEST WITH THE GAO OR SOME EXTERNAL FORUM. INTERESTED PARTIES MAY SEEK RESOLUTION OF THEIR CONCERNS INFORMALLY OR OPT TO FILE A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST WITH THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR OMBUDSMAN.
INFORMAL FORUM WITH THE OMBUDSMAN. INTERESTED PARTIES WHO BELIEVE A SPECIFIC USCG PROCUREMENT IS UNFAIR OR OTHERWISE DEFECTIVE SHOULD FIRST DIRECT THEIR CONCERNS TO THE APPLICABLE CONTRACTING OFFICER. IF THE CONTRACTING OFFICER IS UNABLE TO SATISFY THEIR CONCERNS, INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THE U.S. COAST GUARD OMBUDSMAN FOR AGENCY PROTESTS. UNDER THIS INFORMAL PROCESS THE AGENCY IS NOT REQUIRED TO SUSPEND CONTRACT AWARD PERFORMANCE. USE OF AN INFORMAL FORUM DOES NOT SUSPEND ANY TIME REQUIREMENT FOR FILING A PROTEST WITH THE AGENCY OR OTHER FORUM. IN ORDER TO ENSURE A TIMELY RESPONSE, INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO THE OMBUDSMAN: SOLICITATION/CONTRACT NUMBER, CONTRACTING OFFICE, CONTRACTING OFFICER, AND SOLICITATION CLOSING DATE (IF APPLICABLE).
FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST WITH THE OMBUDSMAN. PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST, PROTESTERS MUST FIRST USE THEIR BEST EFFORTS TO RESOLVE THEIR CONCERNS WITH THE CONTRACTING OFFICER THROUGH OPEN AND FRANK DISCUSSIONS. IF THE PROTESTER'S CONCERNS ARE UNRESOLVED, AN INDEPENDENT REVIEW IS AVAILABLE BY THE OMBUDSMAN. THE PROTESTER MAY FILE A FORMAL AGENCY PROTEST TO EITHER THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THAT, THE OMBUDSMAN UNDER THE OPAP PROGRAM. CONTRACT AWARD OR PERFORMANCE WILL BE SUSPENDED DURING THE PROTEST PERIOD UNLESS CONTRACT AWARD OR PERFORMANCE IS JUSTIFIED, IN WRITING, FOR URGENT AND COMPELLING REASONS OR IS DETERMINED IN WRITING TO BE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE GOVERNMENT. THE AGENCY'S GOAL IS TO RESOLVE PROTESTS IN LESS THAN 35 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FILING. PROTESTS SHALL INCLUDE THE INFORMATION SET FORTH IN FAR 33.103(D) (2). IF THE PROTESTER FAILS TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION, RESOLUTION OF THE PROTEST MAY BE DELAYED OR THE PROTEST MAY BE DISMISSED. TO BE TIMELY PROTESTS MUST BE FILED WITHIN THE PERIOD SPECIFIED IN FAR 33.103(E). FORMAL PROTESTS FILED UNDER THE OPAP PROGRAM SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO OPAP@USCG.MIL AND THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR BY HAND DELIVERY TO THE CONTRACTING OFFICER.
ELECTION OF FORUM. AFTER AN INTERESTED PARTY PROTESTS A COAST GUARD PROCUREMENT TO THE CONTRACTING OFFICER OR THE OMBUDSMAN, AND WHILE THE PROTEST IS PENDING, THE PROTESTER AGREES NOT TO FILE A PROTEST WITH THE GAO OR OTHER EXTERNAL FORUM. IF THE PROTEST IS FILED WITH AN EXTERNAL FORUM, THE AGENCY PROTEST WILL BE DISMISSED.
THE OMBUDSMAN HOTLINE TELEPHONE NUMBER IS (202) 372-3695
NOTICE TO OFFERORS
1. This is a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the FY 19 Dockside Repairs of CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) and CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39) both homeported in Kodiak, AK. This requirement is for dockside repairs aboard CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) and CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39) consisting of items in accordance with the attached specifications (ATTACHMENT 5). Scope of work shall include ship repair and associated support work, and may include work that is not currently listed as Definite or Optional Items. A full list of contract line item numbers and items, quantities, and units of measure, including options, is included as ATTACHMENT 2. The Contractor shall furnish all the necessary labor, material services, equipment, supplies, power, accessories, facilities and such other things as are necessary, except as otherwise specified, to perform dockside repairs in accordance with the solicitation, and attached specification. Failure to read the specification in their entirety will not relieve the offeror from the responsibility for properly estimating the difficulty or price of successfully performing the work. Failure to do so will be at the offeror's risk. All proposals submitted in response to this solicitation shall stand firm for 90 calendar days from the close date of the solicitation.
2. The period of performance for each cutters are cited under the ADDENDUM clause entitled "Period of Performance" (Attachment 1). All work under this contract will be performed onboard each respective cutters at their home moorage in Kodiak, AK.
3. A full list of provisions and clauses which apply to this solicitation are found in ATTACHMENT 1.
4. In order to be selected for award, offerors will be required to submit written offers consistent with the requirements of this solicitation. Award will be based on evaluation factors outlined in FAR 52.212-2 Evaluation-Commercial Items.
5. Offerors must complete and submit all applicable items of this solicitation, with particular emphasis on Schedule of Supplies/Services - Prices, contract clauses, and 52.212-3, Offeror Representation & Certifications - Commercial Items, including all amendments issued under this solicitation. Contractors are required to offer prices for all items listed in Schedule of Supplies/Services-Prices, ATTACHMENT 2, to be considered.
6. Offerors that elect to use commercial delivery services for delivery of proposals are advised that such delivery must be made directly to Suite 800N on the 8th Floor North of the Oakland Federal Building, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 15 February 2019 at 2:00 P.M., Pacific standard time. Delivery of the proposal to any other location within the Federal building will not be sufficient or acceptable. Mailed and e-mailed proposals will be accepted. Facsimile proposals will not be accepted. Emailed proposals shall be sent to Valerie.S.RiveraChase@uscg.mil. An Offeror that fails to meet any due date will be considered "late" in accordance with FAR 52.212-1(f).
7. All prospective offerors are urged to visit the cutter and visually inspect each item of work and to become acquainted with local conditions, locations of items and fixtures, removals, replacements, interference and the nature of work. CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO will not be available for ship check during the solicitation period. . However, contractor can ship check either CGC MELLON or CGC MIDGETT at the cutter's home moorage in Seattle, WA. Offerors are advised to contact ENG2 Justin Creel at (206) 217-6591 or vial email Justin.R.Creel@uscg.mil to make arrange to ship check either CGC MELLON or CGC MIDGETT. CGC ALEX HALEY will be available for ship check during the solicitation process. Contractors are advised to contact ENG2 Jason Speth at (907) 487-5211 or via e-mail Jason.W.Speth@uscg.mil to arrange a ship check.
8. Offerors are advised that some of the drawings, diagrams, and reports that are provided with this solicitation are for information use only. The Coast Guard does not warrant the accuracy of this information. This is the best information available to the Coast Guard and is provided to the offerors to assist them in preparing their competition proposals. All requests for drawings, technical publications or any documents pertaining to the each respective specifications must be submitted, via e-mail, to the Contract Specialist, Valerie Rivera-Chase, at Valerie.email@example.com.
9. All questions must be submitted utilizing the Request for Clarification Form, Attachment 3, no later than 08 February 2019 at 2:00 P.M., Pacific Local Time, and be directed to: Valerie Rivera-Chase's e-mail: Valerie.S.Riverachase@uscg.mil . Questions received after this date and time may not be answered due to time constraint.
10. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Each offeror shall furnish the information required by the solicitation, which includes:
1. Offeror's address, DUNS number;
2. Attachment 3, Schedule of Supplies/Services - Prices. Insert unit price in all
CLINS listed in the schedule;
3. Welding Certifications and Procedures;
4. Proof of Insurance (Statement of coverage from current insurance carrier);
5. Any issued amendments to the solicitation; and
6. A completed copy of the provision a 52.212-3 Offerors Representation and
Certifications - Commercial Items OR Offeror(s) must include a completed copy of FAR 52.212-3 with their proposal OR provide notice of registration at www.sam.gov.
11. ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: The contract is expected to be awarded on or about 08 March 2019. Work covered by this requirement shall be completed within the respective period of performance for each cutter.
12. Closing date/time for submission of offers is 15 February 2019 at 2:00 P.M., Pacific Standard Time.
Submit responses to:
U.S. Coast Guard
Surface Forces Logistics Center
1301 Clay Street, Suite 800N
Oakland, CA 96412
Attn: Valerie Rivera-Chase
Electronic offers by email to Valerie.S.Riverachase@uscg.mil are acceptable and encouraged.
1. Continuation of Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Clauses;
2. Schedule of Supplies/Services - Prices;
3. Request for Clarification Form;
4. Government Property Report; and
5. Specification - USCGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) Specification for
Dockside Repairs FY 19 (Rev 0, dated 11 October 2018) and USCGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39) Specification for Dockside Repairs FY 19 (Rev.0, dated 25 September 2018);
Oakland, California 94612-5249
|Jan 29, 2019||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) AND CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39)|
|Feb 14, 2019||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) AND CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39)|
|Feb 20, 2019||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) AND CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39)|
|Feb 22, 2019|
|Feb 27, 2019|
|Apr 8, 2019||[Award] DOCKSIDE REPAIRS OF CGC DOUGLAS MUNRO (WHEC 724) AND CGC ALEX HALEY (WMEC 39)|
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.