Office of the Chief Medical Examiner's Roof Replacement Project
|Agency:||State Government of Maine|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jul 21, 2020|
|Due Date:||Aug 13, 2020|
|Contracting Entity||project title||Project location||information||number||Addenda||Bid Opening Location||due date||time||Bid Tabulation Form||Awarded Contractor||Contract Amount|
|DAFS/Bureau of General Services||Office of the Chief Medical Examiner's Roof Replacement Project||Augusta||
Mandatory pre-bid meeting on August 5th, 10:00 AM on site.
Cross State Office Building Bureau of General Services, 4th Floor, 111 Sewall Street, Augusta, ME 04333
Bids must be emailed to BGS.Architect@Maine.gov
CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER OFFICE REROOFING
30 HOSPITAL DRIVE, AUGUSTA, ME
Includes but is not limited to the following summary. Refer to project manual for complete presentation of project scope.
1. Removal of (E) EPDM roofing, cover board, metal flashing and wood blocking down to the (E) rigid insulation system (Insulation to remain).
2. Removal of (E) Standing Seam Metal Roofing, CDX structural Plywood, metal flashing and wood blocking down to the (E) rigid insulation system (Insulation to remain).
3. Removal of (E) perimeter Panel Standing Seam Metal siding and attachment system noted on Construction documents.
4. Installation of 1½” polyisocyanurate insulation, cover board, and 0.060 EPDM membrane surfacing, blocking, flashings/copings, retrofits roof drains, pipe boots, and all necessary roofing accessories.
5. Installation of metal panel siding and standoff metal framing system, flashings, and wood eave extension framing.
6. Preparation and paint applications of soffit and ceiling entry metal surfaces identified on construction documents.
7. Relocation of Mechanical intake air louver, including all necessary duct work redirection, preparation and painting of exterior louver surfaces, and reinstallation.
8. Removal/reinstallation and extension to new roof elevation of (E) rooftop mechanical vents/curbs and equipment necessary for reroofing applications.
9. Removal/replacement of storefront window system along with necessary flashing/sealant applications per construction documents.
10. Incidental masonry repointing where noted on contract documents.
11. All specified sealant application
The cost of the work is approximately $ 200,000. The work to be performed under this contract shall be completed on or before the Final Completion date of 25 November, 2020.
1. Submit bids on a completed Contractor Bid Form, plus bid security when required, all scanned and included as an attachment to an email with the subject line marked "Bid for Chief Medical Office Reroof Project" and addressed to the Bid Administrator at: BGS.Architect@Maine.gov, so as to be received no later than 2:00:00 p.m. on August 13, 2020.
Bid submissions will be opened and read aloud at the time and date noted above at the Bureau of General Services office, accessible as a video conference call. Those who wish to participate in the call must submit a request for access to BGS.Architect@Maine.gov.
Any bid received after the noted time will not be considered a valid bid and will remain unopened. Any bid submitted by any other means will not be considered a valid bid. The Bid Administrator may require the Bidder to surrender a valid paper copy of the bid form or the bid security document in certain circumstances.
Questions on the bid opening process shall be addressed to the Bid Administrator: Joe Ostwald
PDCD Director, Bureau of General Services
State of Maine, DAFS, 77 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0077, Josepth.Ostwald@maine.gov .
2. The bid shall be submitted on the Contractor Bid Form (section 00 41 13) provided in the Bid Documents. The Owner reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids as may best serve the interest of the Owner.
3. Bid security on this project.
If noted above as required, the Bidder shall include a satisfactory Bid Bond (section 00 43 13) or a certified or cashier's check for 5% of the bid amount with the completed bid form submitted to the Owner. The Bid Bond form is available on the BGS website.
4. Performance and Payment Bonds on this project.
If noted above as required, the selected Contractor shall furnish a 100% contract Performance Bond (section 00 61 13.13) and a 100% contract Payment Bond (section 00 61 13.16) in the contract amount to cover the execution of the Work. Bond forms are available on the BGS website.
5. Filed Sub-bids are not required on this project.
6. There Pre-qualified General Contractors on this project.
If Pre-qualified General Contractors are identified for this project, the name of each company, with their city and state, are listed below.
7. An on-site pre-bid conference be conducted for this project.
If a pre-bid conference is scheduled, it is for General Contractors and optional for Subcontractors and suppliers. Contractors who arrive late or leave early for a mandatory meeting may be prohibited from participating in this meeting and bidding. August 5, 2020, 10:00 AM at Chief Medical Examiners office, 30 Hospital Dr., Augusta, ME 04330.
8. Property Insurance for this construction contract, described in the Insurance Requirements section of the General Conditions of the contract, shall be .
9. Bid Documents - full sets only - will be available on or about July 23rd 2020 and may be obtained at no cost from:
Ithe Bureau of Real Estate Management contracts website address below:
10. Bid Documents may be examined at:
188 Whitten Road
734 Chestnut Street
Augusta, ME 04332
Manchester, NH 03104
Phone 207-622-4741 Fax 207-622-1625
Phone 603-627-8856 Fax 603-627-4524
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.