Resilient St. Vrain Project - Izaak Walton Reach 1 (Price Road to Boston Avenue)
|Agency:||City of Longmont|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Sep 15, 2020|
|Due Date:||Oct 20, 2020|
- Department: Public Works & Natural Resources
- Category: Invitation For Bids (IFB)
- RFP Number: IFB-MD-20076-F
- Start Date: 09/15/2020 11:50 AM
- Close Date: 10/20/2020 2:00 PM
A major flood event in September 2013 severely impacted the City of Longmont, especially along the St. Vrain Creek. Flooding affected public and private properties, damaged infrastructure, and temporarily shut down roads and bridges effectively cutting the City in half. A flood event of this magnitude had not been experienced in Longmont in over 100-years, and it served as a reminder that the risk of major flood events is real and ever-present. From this disaster comes the opportunity to protect the community while restoring the St. Vrain Creek channel and improving its resilience to future flood risk.
The Resilient Saint Vrain Project (RSVP) is the City’s multi-year, multi-phase project to restore and revitalize the creek corridor through Longmont. Izaak Walton Reach 1 is the next phase of this critical resiliency project that once complete will protect people, property and infrastructure from future flood risks.
For additional information, visit: LongmontColorado.gov/ResilientStVrain
SCOPE OF WORK:
The primary work to be performed under this contract includes construction of the Resilient St. Vrain Project Izaak Walton Reach 1 (Price Road to Boston Avenue). The project consists of approximately 970 linear feet of channel improvements. Project work includes, but is not limited to:
• Clearing and grubbing;
• Tree removals and tree protection;
• Removal of concrete trails, rubble/debris, existing in-stream structures and asphalt pavement;
• Removal of existing utilities where noted on the plans;
• Water control and stormwater pollution control;
• Site grading, excavation and rock excavation;
• New storm sewer outfalls and modification of existing storm sewer outfalls;
• Placement of buried soil ripap and void filled riprap;
• Approximately 3,300 linear feet of tiered modular block retaining wall;
• Approximately 2,380 linear feet of soil nail wall shoring;
• Fencing and railing;
• Concrete curb, gutter and greenway trail;
• Asphalt pavement installation;
• Irrigation system installation including a booster pump;
• Landscaping and site revegetation.
The Contractor shall supply all superintendence, labor, materials, equipment and incidentals necessary to complete the work in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; all applicable permits; the contract plans and specifications.
The City of Longmont is seeking qualified contractors with applicable experience comparable to the Scope of Work, as described above, for the Resilient St. Vrain Project Izaak Walton Reach 1 channel improvements. Bidders must meet or exceed the following minimum qualification criteria in order to be considered for award:
• Qualified contractors shall have successfully completed the construction of at least two (2) qualifying projects of similar scope and complexity to this creek improvement project within the last seven (7) years. Projects of similar scope and complexity shall include in-stream channel work requiring water control, channel grading, bedrock excavation, riprap installation and bank stabilization, temporary shoring and retaining wall installation. Project(s) shall be listed as one of the two (2) projects of similar nature when completing the Attachment D – Bidder’s Comparable Project Data form, included with the Bid Submittal Documents. Any Contractor that fails to comply with this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
• The Contractor’s representative who is directly responsible for managing the project and the Contractor’s on-site representative who has immediate charge on a daily basis shall each have satisfactorily completed the same responsibilities on at least two (2) qualifying projects of similar scope and complexity in the last seven (7) years. Contractor’s representative(s) shall be listed as one of the principal members when completing the Attachment F – Bidder’s Officials and Key Personnel Data form, included with the Bid Submittal Documents. Any Contractor that fails to comply with this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
• Qualifying projects must have been performed for federal, state or local government agencies. Projects performed for developers or private entities will not be considered as qualifying projects.
• Qualifying projects must be valued at a minimum of $1,000,000.
• Qualifying projects must have been performed principally by the Contractor’s own forces. Work performed principally by other contractors or subcontractors will not be considered as qualifying.
• Contractor must be able to bond for the full amount of this project. The engineer’s estimate for this project is approximately $6,000,000.
MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE will be held at:
133 South Coffman Street (old Royal Mobile Home Park)
Longmont, Colorado 80501
At 2:00 p.m. MDT on September 22, 2020; a job walk will occur immediately following the meeting.
Attendance by prospective bidders is required at the mandatory pre-bid conference. Bidders must sign in at the pre-bid conference using the company name that will be used on the bid form when submitting their bid.
Bidders must be on time to the mandatory pre-bid conference. Bidders will not be allowed to sign in to the meeting once we start discussing the scope of work.
An on-site showing will be held immediately following the mandatory pre-bid conference to allow prospective bidders an opportunity to view the project site. Attendees to the site shall come prepared with their own personal protective equipment (i.e. face mask, work boots, safety vest, safety glasses and hard hat) for access to an active construction site. Portions of the project are currently closed to the public. This will be the only time the City will conduct a showing of the project site.
All other documents must be downloaded from Rocky Mountain E-Pruchasing System
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.