Fuel Canopy Replacement
|Agency:||City of Fairhope|
|Level of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jan 8, 2021|
|Due Date:||Jan 12, 2021|
Fuel Canopy Replacement
- Department: Public Utilities, Public Works, Purchasing
- Category: Bid
- Start Date: 01/07/2021 3:13 PM
- Close Date: 01/12/2021 9:00 AM
CITY OF FAIRHOPE
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
The following Request for Quotation is related to damages caused by Hurricane Sally
(FEMA 4563) on or about September 15, 2020.
Fuel Canopy Replacement
Deadline to Submit:
Direct all Questions To:
January 5, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 9:00 a.m.
Dee Dee Brandt, Purchasing Manager
Submitted Quotes Should Include:
Completed Quote Response form
Other supporting documentation as requested
Deliver Quotes To:
Public Works Building
555 S. Section Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
Email Quotes To:
Dee Dee Brandt, Purchasing Manager
For emailed quotes, please reference Fuel Canopy Replacement in the subject line.
SCOPE OF WORK AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Awarded Vendor to provide the following equipment per Specifications:
The City of Fairhope is requesting responses to provide labor, materials and equipment to
furnish, deliver and erect a 32' x 40' x 18’ (clear span) pre-engineered metal canopy at our
fuel island at the City complex at 555 S. Section Street, Fairhope, Alabama. During Hurricane
Sally, September 16, 2020, the existing fuel canopy was destroyed. The response should
include a lump sum price that covers the engineering, fabrication, permitting, site work and
erection of new fuel canopy. The lump sum price should include all equipment, tools, labor,
materials and all other incidentals to deliver a “turnkey” fuel canopy.
Work shall include, but not be limited to the following: design, permitting, fabrication, site &
foundation work, erection of a pre-engineered fuel canopy. The design and construction of
the support column foundations shall be the responsibility of the bidder.
Work not included (to be performed by the City):
• Asphalt patching around the new footings
• Material Testing – Concrete (if required)
• Soil Testing (if required)
• Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Accessories
• 90 Calendar Days from Notice to Proceed
• 7-day Notice to Proceed
• 30 Calendar Days for signed and sealed Shop Drawings
• 60 Calendar Days allowed for fabrication and erection (no exceptions for holidays)
• Anticipate contract to let in January 2021
APPLICABLE DRAWINGS AND SPECIFICATIONS (Attached and Below):
1. Plan View Dimensions: 32’-0” x 40’-0”
2. Clear Height (lowest horizontal member) 18’-0” from existing grade
3. Roof Pitch 1:12
4. Applicable Building Code: IBC 2018
5. Roof - 26-gauge Galvalume Plus (exposed fastener) – Color by owner
6. Galvanized primary and secondary framing
7. Standard trim without gutters and downspouts
8. Two concrete footings to support the canopy - to be sized and designed (including
concrete strength and anchor bolts details) by bidders’ engineer
1. Contractor will be required to be Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. Documents will
be required at time of bid/quote acceptance and issuance of purchase order.
2. Work must be completed 21 calendar days from the end of "Notice to Proceed"
3. Enclosed scope of work, descriptions, quantities, etc. are "good faith" estimates
only. Prior to submitting quotations contractor should field measure and verify all
4. Quotes will be treated and considered as "lump sum" bids for all described work.
5. Only one pay request will be accepted and processed upon final acceptance of
6. Job quoted are subject to the GENERAL CONDITIONS, SPECIAL PROVISIONS
and SUPPLEMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS as attached.
Items quoted must comply with all specifications listed.
The Specifications are intended and provided solely as a general and non-exhaustive
expression of the intent and purpose of the City of Fairhope regarding this bid; said
specifications should be so considered by the bidders. The use of specific names is not
intended to restrict the bidder, or any seller, or manufacturer, but is solely for the purpose of
indicating the type, size and quality of materials, product services, or equipment best suited
for the City of Fairhope. Accordingly, the bidder admits and agrees that said specifications
are not complete in every detail and that the work and materials not indicated or expressly
mentioned in said specifications, but which are reasonably necessary for the full and faithful
performance of the item(s) bid in accordance with the full and faithful intent, will be included
in the bid and incorporated in the work by the bidder and at the bidder’s sole expense, the
same as if indicated and specified.
1. All work to be done in a neat and professional manner.
2. All applicable licenses, including a City of Fairhope business license, and necessary
permits to be acquired by CONTRACTOR. The permit fees for this project are waived
for the Contractor.
3. CONTRACTOR to provide all necessary services and materials unless stated otherwise
4. CONTRACTOR to comply with all applicable laws, codes, and regulations, including
safety, fire, health, environmental and insurance. CONTRACTOR will perform all work in
compliance with meeting or exceeding Manufacturer’s and industry standards.
5. CONTRACTOR to cleanup job site and remove all waste and non-salvageable
material in accordance with applicable laws, codes and regulations.
6. The CONTRACTOR will be responsible for all minor facilities and equipment
damages (e.g., paint, drywall, etc.) caused by the CONTRACTOR resulting from
negligence during the execution of this contract. This includes but is not limited to
damage too small to be covered by the CONTRACTOR’S insurance.
7. Written change proposals shall be provided to the project manager by the
CONTRACTOR for any requested modification to the plans, specifications or other
contract requirements. The proposal shall include add-on or deduct costs, if any.
The project manager will return an approved change order prior to any change
8. All salvageable material remains property of the City of Fairhope, and to be delivered by
CONTRACTOR to the City of Fairhope Warehouse, 555 South Section Street, Fairhope, Al.
END OF SCOPE AND
New Fuel Island Canopy
Fairhope Public Utility/Works
1.1 GENERAL NOTES:
1. This drawing is for dimensional purposes only.
2. The quoted price shall include, design, fabrication, permitting and construction (turnkey) of a new pre-engineered cantilevered fuel island canopy.
3. Successful respondent shall provide all signed and sealed engineering drawings for structure and foundation. Design shall meet or exceed current applicable City of
Fairhope building codes.
4. Respondent Field Verification: During design and construction the respondent may encounter existing conditions that were unknown during this request for
responses. The respondent shall field verify all existing conditions prior to proceeding with the work and address all discoveries that interfere with proper execution of
the work and/or jeopardize the structural integrity of the structure.
5. Additional Details: If the respondent requires additional details or information not found in this request or in the specifications, respondent shall request this
information from City of Fairhope in writing prior to the submission of the proposal.
6. Requested Change: Any requested modification to these drawings and/or specifications shall be submitted to the City of Fairhope in writing. Respondent shall not
proceed with requested modifications unless City approves requested modifications in writing.
7. Revised Information: These drawings are based on certain assumptions and the City of Fairhope reserves the right to revise these documents if other information
Design by Others
New Fuel Island Canopy - 555 S. Section St.
City of Fairhope - Public Works Department
Dwg: RDJ Date: 10/05/2020 Sheet #: 1 of 1
4.0 INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Awarded Contractor, at its sole expense, shall obtain and maintain in full force the following insurance to
protect the Contractor and the City of Fairhope at limits and coverages specified herein. The City of
Fairhope will be listed as an additional insured under the Contractor’s General Liability insurance and
automobile liability insurance policies, and all other applicable policies and certificates of insurance. These
limits and coverages specified are the minimum to be maintained and are not intended to represent the
correct insurance needed to fully and adequately protect the awarded Bidder.
4.01 All insurance will be provided by insurers by admitted carriers in the State of Alabama, shall have a
minimum A.M. Best rating of A-VII and must be acceptable to the CITY. Self-insured plans and/or group
funds not having an A.M. Best rating must be submitted to the CITY for prior approval.
4.02 NO WORK IS TO BE PERFORMED UNTIL PROOF OF COMPLIANCE WITH THE INSURANCE
REQUIREMENTS HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE CITY.
4.03 Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability
Part One: Statutory Benefits as required by the State of Alabama
Part Two: Employer’s Liability
4.04 U.S. Longshoreman & Harbor Workers Act (USL&H)
Required if contract involves work near a navigable waterway that may be subject to the USL&H
4.05 Maritime Endorsement (Jones Act)
Endorsement required if contract involves the use of a Vessel. Or include coverage for “Master or
Member or Crew” under” Protection and Indemnity” coverage (P&I) unless crew is covered under
Bodily injury by accident
$1,000,000 each accident
Bodily injury by disease
4.06 Commercial General Liability
Coverage on an Occurrence from with a combined single limit of (Bodily Injury and Property
Damage combined as follows:
Personal and Advertising Injury
Products/Completed Operation Aggregate
Coverage to include:
Premises and operations
Personal injury and Advertising Injury
Blanket Contractual Liability
Explosion, Collapse and Underground hazards
Broad Form Property Damage
Railroad Protective Liability Insurance if work involves construction, demolition, or
maintenance operations on or within 50 feet of a railroad.
4.07 Automobile Liability
Covering all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles with a limit of no less than $1,000,000 combined
single limit of Bodily injury and property damage per occurrence.
This is the opportunity summary page. You are currently viewing an overview of this opportunity and a preview of the attached documentation. For more information, please visit the Publication URL Web page.
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.